Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Flying from other cities/airports than the own hub, flight ops plan  (Read 418 times)

konstantins

• Former member
It would be nice to also have the possibility to start flights from other airports too, especially when they are in the same city and/or country. It happend to be that I was located with my airline in SHA. Was making good progress and growing quickly on domestic but also intercont routes. However, when PVG opened I was basically bankrupt within days as all intercont travel and most intl cont travel moved to PVG while I was left at SHA with all my leased longhaul aircraft but no demand anymore and no chance to tapp into PVG.

Furthermore, would be also nice to be able to give one route a flight number but exchange aircrafts for this flight number on different days. Especially for long-haul flights where you cannot make one plane go all 7 days but need to split between 2 aircrafts you increase the amount of flight numbers a lot and also the scheudle gets complex. You should list the routes and then attach planes per flight instead of now listing the planes and attaching routes. This way it would also be possible to e.g. use a 747 for days with big demand but then use a 767 for the saturday when demand is lower, however, its still the same flight no, dep time etc....

And if you could do this planing for a longer term (0.5 or 1 year) you could also plan the maintainance checks accordingly and dont need to always swap planes to avoid routes being not flown for 2 weeks or more during a c or d check.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:12:56 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Flying from other cities/airports than the own hub, flight ops plan
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:33:46 AM »
When the new airport opens up to the city, you should be actually automatically relocated to that airport?  Or didn't it happen in this case?

konstantins

• Former member
Re: Flying from other cities/airports than the own hub, flight ops plan
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 03:33:28 PM »
No, didnt happen. But guess because the old one was not closed, there are 2 airports now in Shanghai, SHA and PVG.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.