Schedule of next game worlds (spring 2016)

Started by Sami, May 08, 2016, 09:13:24 AM

Sami

The current Game World #1 is reaching the end year of 2030 in a few days to now it's a good time to announce our next airline sim scenarios here at AirwaySim.

There are a total of three upcoming games during the next month and they are:

• Beginner's World #1 - this easy game aimed for all new users will start tomorrow, Monday 9th May. This scenario follows the standard settings for all of our Beginner's games and the total play time is about 1.5 months.

• Game World #1 - one of our four main simulation scenarios will restart in two weeks. The game will open on Sunday 22nd May. This new GW#1 is a long game with time span all the way from 1960 to 2030. The pre-joining to this game will be open in a week when news about the details & settings of this game is posted.

• Theme scenario - a shorter "mini-game" will begin in a month, on Friday 10th June. This game world will be created with a special theme and a limited world area. The overall play time of this special-rules game will be about 2-3 months. The exact theme and settings will be revealed later (but feel free to post your wishes to the forums!).

Remember also our three other main game scenarios that are currently running and full of opportunities for new airlines (remember to try out the new 'easy start wizard' that will automatically seek the best base airports and best routes for you!).

https://www.airwaysim.com/game/

schlaf

Why cant we have a gameworld that reach further away than 2030?

With the gameworld ending at 2030 its almost pointless to buy (and reschedule) the A350s and the Dreamliner...

FloF

I agree that it would be interesting to see how the GWs develop with the newer planes.
I don't know when it was decided that GWs run until 2030, but as we're now in 2016 and know pretty well which aircraft will be coming to the market in the next couple of years I think it is reasonable to play the GW until 2040 or even longer.
However I have noticed the number of players in the GW falling strongly and even those that do not officially leave the game do (to a large fraction) not spend time "playing".
Personally, I have not been spending too much time with my swiss airlines in GW1 because there's simply nothing to do anymore. Last thing I did was fill the void that those players left that quit the GW to play a "younger" GW.

The problem I see is that
1) It's more fun to build new airlines in new GWs - I saw a big drop in our alliance's members after each new GW opened
2) Big airlines in "old" GWs are so rich that if the player didn't really mess up there's absolutely no chance to get into the game (unless you go to boring countries with so little demand that no one has bothered)

Along these lines it would of course be necessary to introduce some more "fictional" action like airports closing and opening - even though theses are in general also planned a long time ahead - even if they not always take as long to "open" for good as in Germany ;-)
Also, some changes in demand, fuel prices etc would be nice to have so that it doesn't all run that smoothly.
Something like the world-wide crisis of 2008 is not modelled, only 2001 as far as I am concerned, even if it had big impact on aerial companies.

tacsniper

Sami

2030 is the current design limit of the system. Before extending it I'd rather concentrate of making the sim more interesting in the long run, to avoid the situation where last decade is played by only 100 people.

Cargo won't be in the initial launch of GW#1 yet, since a part of the city based demand is not ready yet, but it will be added to it at a later stage.

schlaf

I think that one way to make it more intrestning in the long run is to give us a reason to buy/and use the new types of planes like A350 and 787..
As it is now the game become boring after approx 2015

I know you dont specific like advises about how to make the game better, but i couldnt resist give my opinion

Cardinal

Quote from: Sami on May 08, 2016, 09:13:24 AM
[/li][li]Game World #1 - one of our four main simulation scenarios will restart in two weeks. The game will open on Sunday 22nd May. This new GW#1 is a long game with time span all the way from 1960 to 2030. The pre-joining to this game will be open in a week when news about the details & settings of this game is posted.

Any more news about this? Pre-joining didn't open "in a week", is our flight delayed?  :laugh:

Sami

Quote from: tvdan1043 on May 18, 2016, 04:04:06 PM
Any more news about this?

Internet in my hotel didn't quite work as planned (was away for a few days), so yes, the boarding has not started yet .. but is about to soon.

Zombie Slayer

So you are saying this is a Mechanical delay? Which means we will all be compensated for our inconvenience, right?  :laugh: :P
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Sami

Unexpected .. No spare planes .. No EU pax compensations. ;D

Cardinal

Quote from: Sami on May 18, 2016, 05:04:38 PM
Unexpected .. No spare planes .. No EU pax compensations. ;D

Or as we call it here in the States, "Weather"

Zombie Slayer

But I talked to my brothers friends 3rd cousin twice removed's friends uncles brother and he said it was not raining in Chicago! He only lives 50 miles north of the airport so it must be true and accurate!
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

freshmore

Ahh, I had wondered the same thing about prejoining...

I don't think extending the world length is the right way forward, it just moves the period further away, and honestly I think it'll be even more boring in the 2030-40 period if you wanted to do it because there are absolutely no new planes on the horizon for the period. At least with the current period you can start playing around with some pretty advanced equipment, you kind of have to make your own fun, maybe more encouragement to role play with press releases, I've certainly been made to smile a number of occasions by people with these.

TheLostNZ

why not start earlier? 50? or even 45? where all you can start with is army surplus aircraft until the first post war passenger aircraft come out
also make it possible to get the Bristol Brabbazon ;)

texan3570

How about random aircraft crashes, like we have been seeing recently. Just because the plane is in good condition doesn't mean you don't have a pilot that falls asleep in weather and the plane crashes. Air France, Air Midwest, the DHL and Russian plane that crashed in midair in 2002. How about being able to merge with other airlines, though bankruptcy. In order to avoid having people create an airline just to merge with it, the airline must be in service for 1 week, in the real world.  Just some ideas.

jjj

when is new beginners world going to start?

Sami

daysleeper

So a mini game is starting in two days, awesome! Any update about that game? Didn't see any pre-register possibility or anything yet!