737 and 320 Seating config.

Started by schansrichavala, March 22, 2016, 08:31:26 AM

schansrichavala

Hi all. I have been playing this sim for long time and took a long break and just got back into it. I still see that for example configuring 320 and 737 business seats there are only choices of 5-10-15-20 etc. This doesn't make sense? In reality we always know that 320 and 737 business seats would be 2-2. That means 4 seats per row. So shouldn't it be choice of 4-8-12-16-20? I know it's nothing much but might as well make it real. I am sure some other models should also be refelcting real possible seats assignments.

I don't think i have seen business class of 737 and 320 having just 5 business seats??

thanks
swadeep

Sami

The required space for each seat is calculated based on the seat type. If HD economy seat has a width of 1 and length of 1 then HD business seat might have 1.2 on both, and business standard seat something like 1.4. The system has no idea how a plane could or could not be configured in real life since there are more than endless choices.

(and making 5-abreast business config to A320 would be fully possible from the perspective of cabin width, if individual seats would be installed .. but in reality they just prefer using the same seats as in economy and just blocking the center seat, ...and because nobody likes to sit in the middle)

Aoitsuki

a few airline used to have 3-2 C seat in 320... KLM and AC to name a few.

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: Teadaze on March 22, 2016, 11:56:39 AM
a few airline used to have 3-2 C seat in 320... KLM and AC to name a few.
Odd since KLM never operated the A320  ???

yearofthecactus

AC don't have 2-3 on their aircraft. Many many years ago (in the 1990's), they did have an iteration of seat layout that was like that, but 2 decades is a long time.

I believe South African might use 2-3, but there aren't many example.

Dharmaatica

Quote from: yearofthecactus on March 26, 2016, 01:12:56 AM
AC don't have 2-3 on their aircraft. Many many years ago (in the 1990's), they did have an iteration of seat layout that was like that, but 2 decades is a long time.

I believe South African might use 2-3, but there aren't many example.

I remember a 737 flight with a Japanese carrier eons ago where the Business class config was 2x3 - different seats than economy (not blocked out).

MikeS

I agree, the seating model is awkward sometimes. It is not tailored to every aircraft type but rather computed for each type using the available parameters.
That's why the results can be awkward but it's a good solution nevertheless. Imagine having to manually draw-up all possible configurations for each aircraft type.

Below is an older seat configuration from A320 Gulfair. 3 classes, including 5 abreast business.

Cheers!