Few questions regarding billing & game mechanics

Started by Sarachiel, December 20, 2015, 01:45:23 PM

Sarachiel

Hi there!

I'm new in here and recently I've finished a full BW1 (my first game ever), which was nice, but as stated "easy" (ended at 5th spot at aitline stats with fleet of 599 aircrafts, 11KKK quarter revenue and 432KK passengers transported). I'm willing to get more challenging game by joining one of the GW (probably #4 since a lot of time remains in there). Due to it I have few questions regarding billing & game mechanics :
- I know that joining a world costs 5 CR (what included 1st week of playing). What if I close my airline/go bankrupt and I will to play again in that world? Do I need to pay another 5 CR to do so or once paid 5 CR allow me to enter the world as many times as I wish?
- I'm willing to do some kind of smaller but premium airline (managing nearly 600 aircraft took me a lot of time that I dont have now :P), where I want to focus on punctuality, company image and passenger comfort. Is it possible to play as such? How are passengers reacting to ticket prices for more "comfortable" seats? For instance, if instead of 100 high density seats I make 80 comfortbale seats, can I adjust the price 20% higher without much loss of PAX?
- At the end of BW1 I had 12 fleet groups and was able to make nice profit (got some loss last year due to giving up the game - got tons of ordered aircraft doing nothing), I know that at real gameworlds having as least number of fleet groups is crucial. Which one do you propose? I'm certain of 777 fleet group since it covers ~400 & ~300 capacity groups (thou best profit I made from A380 at routes US - UK). A300-600R is awesome at shorter routes due to just 120 mins (for 1% punctuality) TAT while still having over 300 PAX. But what about others? Do they have to be from same manufacturer to lower the comonality cost or it doesnt matter?

Thank you in advance for your answers ! :)

Sami

For the billing: 5 Cr to join the game, and you can bankrupt up to four times before you need to join the game again (5Cr). If you join the game, and leave it within 30 minutes the 5Cr is returned. If you leave the game (bankrupt airline and leave the game) later than that, then you will need to re-join it (5Cr) if you wish to play again.

CarlBagot

- I'm willing to do some kind of smaller but premium airline (managing nearly 600 aircraft took me a lot of time that I dont have now :P), where I want to focus on punctuality, company image and passenger comfort. Is it possible to play as such? How are passengers reacting to ticket prices for more "comfortable" seats? For instance, if instead of 100 high density seats I make 80 comfortbale seats, can I adjust the price 20% higher without much loss of PAX?

Yes it is possible, I manage an airline with only the 767 and the 747 and it is profitable. Seat comfort is more important over longer ranges, but more seats  is always more profitable than premium seats at premium prices (does not command much) if there is demand (no HD seats over 1000nm however).

- At the end of BW1 I had 12 fleet groups and was able to make nice profit (got some loss last year due to giving up the game - got tons of ordered aircraft doing nothing), I know that at real gameworlds having as least number of fleet groups is crucial. Which one do you propose? I'm certain of 777 fleet group since it covers ~400 & ~300 capacity groups (thou best profit I made from A380 at routes US - UK). A300-600R is awesome at shorter routes due to just 120 mins (for 1% punctuality) TAT while still having over 300 PAX. But what about others? Do they have to be from same manufacturer to lower the comonality cost or it doesnt matter?

(from US perspective)
Pick your fleet type wisely. In these GW the A380 is useless over short distances, anything cross Atlantic and you are looking at the B767 (TATL, limited TPAC and good enough coast to coast), A300 (rarely as they have little versatility outside of TATL) and A330 (works for TPAC with A340). With the exception at times of LHR where if slot constrained you can used bigger planes such as the 777 (TPAC mostly).

from EU perspective... almost everything is within a short range, many only have 767s or A330s as their biggest fleet types.

In asia the range of the 777 and even 747/a380 make them viable depending on the airport.

All this to say...research your need, pick versatile fleets as you need to stay under 3 fleet types and in order to do this you need to aim for 2 fleet types so the third can be used for transition (or park them all and do it in one go...). This means avoiding niche fleets, usually eliminating planes too large, too small, too short ranged or a combination for your needs.

PS: If you run 747s, don't run CRJs, run something complimentary as the CRJ will only serve to increase you marketing costs for a high CI needed for the 747 while the CRJ needs no more than 20 CI.