Frequency and departure times on high demand routes..

Started by DanPavlovic, December 17, 2015, 10:07:44 AM

DanPavlovic

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone would know what the best frequency for departures is on high demand routes.

Lets use EGLL - JFK as an example. Demand here is huge and I was wondering how far apart I should schedule my flights. Every 5, 10, 15, 20minutes?

Thanks for your help,
Dan

lpopa93

I just checked. Holy cow, that is huge indeed! But also, supply is enormous, so it really depends. If your flights are full, then try inserting new flights, when you see your load factor starts dropping then it means that is the maximum you can do. I personally never flood the airport with new flights, I do it slowly, when the new flight is full, I create another one, and so on, until I take over the route  :-[

DanPavlovic

But there must be a optimal frequency and spacing between flights that the experienced players are using on such busy routes.

Anyone?

Dan

lpopa93

I didn't discover that yet. But I am really jealous now because I can't find such demands from my airport...

gazzz0x2z

the rules I've read is that you shall not have less than one hour between flights... up to 1000 demand or so. But I did never check. I don't have airports big enough to make proper experiments.

DanPavlovic

Up to 1,000 and one hour I knew but how about 2,3,4,5,6,000 demand?

Dan

ArmaghanJalil

I don't think the game cares of frequency, but the departure timings are a factor.. If you schedule flights between 2400 and 0500 that route will not be as attractive for passengers.. You can try it in an airport with high demand where you are alone to schedule two flights.. one at night and one at day time.. and you will see the difference in the load factor.

Although for your scenario it is not an option as you have EGLL/LHR which is closed at night anyway... But think about destination airport timings though coz you might get lower LF on the return flights from JFK

Sami

Quote from: ajalil on January 09, 2016, 04:01:48 PM
I don't think the game cares of frequency, but the departure timings are a factor..

That's incorrect. If you have a destination where airline A flies once a day and airline B flies twice a day, all other variables (like price) are the same (and there's enough demand), then airline B has an advantage. However it does not work endlessly - at some point the more frequency does not give you any benefits (depends on the route). So putting 20 flights per day on a 500pax/day route doesn't do you any good .. But on such route 4 flights per day is better than 1 per day for example.

(Departure and arrival times are naturally a factor too)