Coming Halfway Into a Game World

Started by iFlysimX, November 11, 2015, 07:47:51 PM

iFlysimX

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is well. Just got back in Airwaysim and I find it extremely hard to start an airline midway into a game. Am I the only one?Thoughts?

What would be your recommendation coming halfway into a game world?

Thanks!
Clement

Maarten Otto

I did it in GW 1  and currently run 300+ aircraft from 6 airports.

Start at a level 4 or even a level 3 airport with EMB120's. They run cheap but are able to get 300K revenue a week after expanses. And it might sound odd, but even the Beechcraft 1900D with 19 or 16 seats still earns you a decent weekly profit.

Stick to those two fleets and work your way up.

It is a challenge, but if you succeed it is a very satisfying.

bdnascar3

Select airport carefully, serve the under served markets, and above all go slow and be patient. Save your cash and expand slowly for several years if necessary, don't worry about being a large or big airline.

Cardinal

Mid-game, a lot of early-starters have gone bankrupt and either restarted or left the game, so in most cases it's less crowded than at the beginning. Find an airport where there's been a recent bankruptcy - I realize that's difficult when you're not already in the game, but you could post in that game's forum for advice on recently-abandoned airports, or once you've started up and realize you chose poorly you still have the one-time relocation option within the first 90 days (I think... is that still a thing?)

Sami

There are A LOT of open airport and possibilities in each game world. (No, you won't find completely empty airports with dozens and dozens of routes with no other airlines. But that's not even to be expected really.)

Use the advanced start's base finder wizard or the easy start tool to find the best options and routes.

aeropostale

You can do well if you are patient and pick the right bases where there is enough demand and the competition is weak. I did it in GW2 and now have nearly 700 planes.

11Air

Just used the 'Oven Ready New Game Finder' in GW-3 having gone bust a couple of times already.  Not at all convinced by 2 x B737 out of Belfast - but it's working, had to add a smaller jet for the weaker routes, and found stronger routes for the 2nd 737.

Yes, it's certainly got a better survive potential than I've managed so far.

11Air and Spectrum Alliance.