modify demands

Started by jjj, October 26, 2015, 06:39:03 PM

jjj

i think passenger demands for beijing , new delhi , mumbai , charlotte douglas needs tto be increased . it seems bit orthodox. All this airports are in top 25 busiest of world. New delhi was announced as best airport of world for 2014 - 2015 .domestic demand for india needs to be increased.

NovemberCharlie

Currently city based demand is in the works which will take into account the actual economic situation.
This will mean DEL will probably see a rise in demand, while CLT will probably stay as it is or decrease. (Since the only reason it is a busy airport is US airways' base).

However I believe cargo implementation has priority

jjj

It is good that current demand is in works :)

Johan87

Buildings hub and spoke systems here at aws will be a nice feature for e the future,this way can make middle sized airports bigger,like JJJ asked jbefore here.

jjj

Increased demand of middle sized airports will make game more interesting

tise1983

I kind of agree, since this is a game it should not necessarily mimic the real world, although others want it a realistic as possible, but there should be games where it starts out with with a blank slate, and with airport demand supplied by the carriers, and airport upgrades by the airlines, and Airports like say Spokane should be able to become a major hub...but it will be hard, the cargo feature will be a nice addition once implemented.  Either way this is a very  nice game/Airline Sim.  And any improvements just make it better.  I would love to see worlds go into the 2050's and 2060's and have concept planes included....

NovemberCharlie

The implementation of citybased demand was started with gathering data.
The world was divided into thousands of squares and the economic situation was filled in for each one of these.
Spokane will probably never be a super hub.
However LaGuardia could surpass JFK as it is in the same economic area. This example goes for many areas where one airport is bigger because of the homecarrier

11Air

There are several things in the pipeline, and only so many Sami's.
Cargo will be a big change, making us closer to the real world, and allowing Cargo Only Airlines. How we will use it remains to be seen, I'm expecting cargo to be added to the first available plane on the route, loaded after Pax, to the max t/o weight for the range(or runway lengths). The next plane gets first pick at what's left and so on until it's all gone.
Whether that waits overnight for the next available space remains to be seen, but it would make an opening for cargo to operate different days to 2 or 3 destinations.
You can imagine what the programming of that is like.
Then does spare cargo get taken to a Hub Airport?  Overnight flights that the Cargo pilots love to do.