Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: AWS v.1.1 talk  (Read 8315 times)

Offline JJP

• Members
AWS v.1.1 talk
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:10:45 PM »
(admin note: splitted messages from this thread: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,6064.0.html )

Those improvements sound great.  Thanks!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:33:15 PM by sami »

Tenerife

• Former member
AWS v.1.1 talk
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 03:35:42 PM »
And something to work together with one or more other airlines?
In my opinion thats one of the first things that have to be done!
I know it wll be a lot of work to program, but game would be so
much better !!

Thx, iCook Airways

DJRobbieD

• Former member
AWS v.1.1 talk
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:31:56 PM »
Yes i agree with iCook,

Maybe somthing along the lines of:

iCook Airways (HUB: Brussels)

SupraJet (HUB: Leeds/Bradford)

LEG 1: Brussels to Leeds B. operated by iCook Airways
LEG 2: Leeds B. to Dublin operated by SupraJet

So this automatically give both routes image +10 and PAX are more likely to travel on a codeshare route than your competitors.

Robbie ;D

Tenerife

• Former member
Re: AWS v.1.1 talk
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »
Thx Robbie, thats what I wanted to say! :)

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 03:20:13 PM »
Brilliant Idea?

AeroJet

• Former member
Re: AWS v.1.1 updates
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 03:50:06 AM »
Still no plans to include flights originating from different airports than the airline's hub? I am really looking forward to seeing this feature included in the simulation, will add so much realism to the software.

Offline ManbouX

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »
That will make the game better, I think. I suggest to add a Holding/Airline function, freighters and a booking system to spy out the competition  ;)
And I pay for my AC insurance, but it doesn't happend anything.  :o
I recognize that must be very complex, but it whould be great. How was it to add this functions in a very new version  ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 08:18:45 PM by Beaverking »

Iceman66

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 03:37:33 AM »
I hear some really good ideas on here, and I love the improvements so far. Another fairly minor one I'd like to see, is the ability to pre-schedule different plane types to cover a route when the assigned plane is down, i.e. flying a route with an available CRJ-700 if the CRJ-200 normally flying the route goes down. Or even a totally different plane, such as say a Dash-8-300. I see such things occasionally in real-world operations, particularly the first example (which totally throws a kink into my schedule sometimes, I assure you...) In this last game (my first, I admit), I lost much money because I couldn't simply toss an available aircraft onto a route whose regular plane was down for Class-C's.
Also, a way to advertise connecting flights would be wonderful. Say, for example, I have one plane running from TRI to LAX, then another from TRI to LGA after the first plane returns to TRI. Being able to advertise a 2-stop route from LAX to LGA (LAX-TRI-LGA) would be very helpful, but currently I don't see any way to make that happen. After all, why should we not be able to use our network most efficiently? Just a thought.
Also, a thought on the whole codeshare/comp flight idea. Unless we want to run the ticket office manually, which would be a pain, here's an idea: make codeshares automatic among alliances. If one alliance has a flight terminating in a given city (again I'll use TRI since I'm most familiar with that one), and another member has a connector flight departing that city, pax transfer between the two should be allowed for. Ex: ASA flight 6230 reaches TRI from ATL, drops 41 pax, and departs back to ATL with a new load. Meanwhile, a Chautauqua flight arrives at another gate from CVG, drops 36 pax, picks up 48 including 16 from Flight 6230, and heads back to CVG. Both are RW regional airlines operating under the same parent line (Delta), and both are members of Skyteam alliance. All the pax know is that they bought a Delta ticket from ATL to CVG with a connector at TRI.
A similar, and probably more relevant example: Judy A. buys a ticket in Seattle on Delta, going to Charlotte, NC. She reaches TRI from CVG, changes planes, and takes a US Airways plane on to Charlotte. Sound weird? Happens every day. And those aren't even the same alliance: Delta is Skyteam, USAir is Star Alliance. Normally, at least LOL. I have seen Star Alliance planes come in flying Delta Connection colors. Point is, Delta and US Airways sometimes codeshare to get their pax where they want to go. The ticket and baggage stickers stay the same, only the color of the plane changes. And both airlines get a piece of the profits.
Like I said, jsut a thought. Hopefully one worth thinking about.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 06:41:21 PM »
I will be playing game #4 but only as a really small carrier.  I want to see what it is like to have 30 pax planes flying the skies.  Maybe a fleet of Saab 340s. 

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »
I will be playing game #4 but only as a really small carrier.  I want to see what it is like to have 30 pax planes flying the skies.  Maybe a fleet of Saab 340s. 

It's not fun. Unless you are flying short routes with big demand

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 11:36:55 PM »
I am just too focused on another game to do much more.  Small planes that I dont have to pay much attention to will be much more fun.

Iceman66

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 11:54:16 PM »
I know the feeling about being focused elsewhere, but small carriers (like I was in game#1) are always just a step ahead of bankruptcy unless you have many planes flying or own all your planes. Lease costs will kill you at that size (as I , unfortunately, found out). Ditto for personnel :(. Your luck may be better, but I just couldn't make enough cash even with all planes flying above 75% load on short hauls. Try maybe running out of a large international with a 24-hour schedule; I ran out of a regional that was closed from 2300-0500 and I suspect I lost a lot of potential traffic that way.
Anyways, best of luck to you in Game #4! I stayed small the first time so I could learn the game and because I started really late in the game; I'm going to try my luck at becoming a major airline in the next one. See all of you there!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 06:14:55 PM »

Please note, I've changed some things that allow the v.1.0 and the next version to be run in parallel ... Let me know if you spot any inactive / non-working pages in the current games due to this change.

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 06:25:43 PM »
Thanks for the new pre-scheduling feature! :) It will be VERY handy!

petcalledros

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »
What is a MSN number?

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 11:28:46 AM »
What is a MSN number?

manufacturers serial no.

mathewf

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 01:06:31 PM »
I am very happy for both the pre-scheduling and the redone aircraft market. I think the fact that brokers will do maintenance on planes will be a major benefit as well!

tofen

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »
I really like all the changes to the aircraft system. Good job Sami!

Except, what's the point of placing aircrafts from a bankrupt airline back in the pool before they appear on the used aircraft market again?
In reality, the aircrafts are placed with new airlines almost eminently after there former owner/operator goes BK.
A few weeks to clear up all the paperwork etc. and then they are of to there new home.
Sometimes, lessors even take repossession of there assets before the airline is actually bust, and place them with new operators instead.

The positive effect of this is that there's usually a decrease in price when there's a lot of aircraft available at the same time. We won't get this in the game if all aircrafts end's up in a "quarantine" pool for a long time before they gets on the market again.

Just look at the aircraft formerly operated by XL, ATA, Futura or even Aloha. Most of them are flying with new operators sine a long time. The only ones who is still on the ground is the ones that no one wants. It's all about being fast enough to scoop up some good deals when available.

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »
nice work Sami i love the pre scheduling bit, are we able to start marketing for a route before the aircraft arrives as well?

Hachiko

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 12:02:19 PM »
Eh... I did have marketing for some routes I created before my ordered aircraft came or new route scheduled aircraft was at C-check. You see at route image page all your created routes and when they are last flown. Routes that have no flight days (like 4th November 1980) are routes that have no aircraft. So you can start marketing still if your aircraft is coming after 2 weeks... I remember doing this at Game#1.
AA

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.