Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Discounts and other such errata  (Read 955 times)

masoniclight

• Former member
[-] Discounts and other such errata
« on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:51 PM »
Just wondering if we will be able to make "special pricing" for some of our routes? In the real world, the airlines come up with special deals like: "Fly to New York this weekend for only $79!!" or some such version.. will our airlines be able to do the same? Also along the same thread as that... will we be able to set our prices to reflect some of the real world occurings? example: it is usually cheaper to fly tuesday-thursday (at least here in the USA), cheaper flights can also be had in the very early morning/late night (i.e.: the "red eye" flights).. will we be able to have that much control over our prices?

Lastly, about salaries in the company- how much control will we have over the salaries of the administrators and managers of the company? If I want a low cost airlines, I want to be able to keep management and administrative salaries down so I can keep regular worker's wages up and air fares low.. will we be able to do that?

...one more thing I almost forgot.. does our company have shareholders and if so, how beholden are we to them.. if not, then I would assume are companies are wholly owed by us?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:32:41 PM by sami »

AgentYoda

• Former member
Re: Discounts and other such errata
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 02:34:52 AM »
Absolutely no idea. I'll wait for sami to answer :)

The salaries and number of personnel will be able to be edited and changed.

Shares/stock market are a possible addition (that's what sami says anyway) but he's focused on the game basics at the moment.

masoniclight

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 01:58:33 PM »
Thanks Yoda, I appreciate your insight  :)

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 03:12:21 PM »
Well, there is no special pricing as of now and there isn't hour to hour demand, but there is a daily demand system. I dont know if the special pricing or hour to hour demand will be added, but if it is, once the intial beta-testing game is released, then maybe Sami will start working on it, however, Sami can tell you best. :)

For the salaries, right now, there is a just one set salary for pilots and flight attendants, but the sliders to adjust them along with other costs have been made, however, I don't think they currently work, but this will be soon integrated into the game. (btw, its really hard to be a low-cost carrier in this game, since your more likely to be a low-fare airline, which doesnt mean your going to have low costs, however, as more costs get added and become adjustable, I'm sure the low-fare AWS airlines will become low-cost).

There is no stock market, but that has been suggested and it is up to Sami if the game should have it. I think it would be hard to integrate, but maybe your airline image (once that is finished), airline value, size, profitability, price of fuel, and costs could effect how your stocks do, whether they go up or down..... (however, we have established that merges and buy-outs will not be created).

I hope that answers your questions and Im sure Sami could add to that.  :laugh:
Founder of the Star Alliance!

masoniclight

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 04:15:59 PM »
Thanks Seattle.. I was actually hoping for more of a privately held company rather than a public trading company so that you wouldnt have to deal with shareholders.. and yeah I meant low-FARE airlines that, if run correctly, would eventually lead you to be a good overall airline..like Southwest Airlines has become here in the US.

I have to say I am already thinking of a few business plans in my head as to how to make the airlines of my dreams profitable... looking forward to it!!

ALSO, by the way.. what would be the starting year of our companies? at the beggining of the age of passenger airlines or somewhere closer to today?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 05:10:56 PM »
Starting year depends on each particular game, 1950 to 2000s or so.

masoniclight

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 03:31:22 AM »
Starting year depends on each particular game, 1950 to 2000s or so.

WOW nice! thanks Sami.. and great work, great job and my hats off to all of you making this great game.. I am VERY impressed! Wow.. I can almost imagine starting a company right as air travel begins its maiden voyages in the 50's.. man that would be MORE than cool.. talk about pretty much everyone being "equal" then.. Propeller planes would still be the backbone of any carrier's fleet and jets would be something a little "exotic" to the public.. then watch your company grow and the times change!

Too bad we cant designate one plane from our fleet that we wouldn't have to trash and make it an ornamental piece outside of our airports or something like that.. or even make that old plane be a very special "history buff" special plane you take out on certain anniversaries... I mean, sure, you could run one plane as long as possible until it becomes too costly to maintain or kept from crashing.. that would be bad of course.. still, being someone who loves antiquities, it would be kind of cool to have one special "old timey" plane in the fleet heh  8)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »
The game from 50s hasn't actually been tested yet, not sure how the economy model behaves there. A one 1975 game has been ran though.  ;)  Plus a lots of oldies planes are missing still. So probably in the beginning the games will start in 1980s or 1990s.

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 01:26:49 AM »
Sami, now that summer is approaching, do you mind sending me a list of planes (oldies) you want added and the list that we need for collecting data, as I seem to have deleted that email ;D
Founder of the Star Alliance!

Budjet

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »
Can I ask, is there like a timetable for prices, because when I went on holiday last week, to fly to Larnaca (Cyprus), was like 299 (half term), but to fly on a wednesday it was like 75!!! So what are you doing about that

0zlw

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 08:34:08 AM »
The problem with different pricing based on what time and day is the fact that it would be so much micro management sure for small airlines not so much but if you ordered 30 B734 and maybe 10 B772 then you would end up with a pile more stuff to do.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.