2nd hand A/C more expensive tha new A/C

Started by do328jet, February 18, 2009, 06:10:24 PM

do328jet

I wondered how the rates for AC are calculated. There are ATR 72-500 form a bancrupt Airline on themarket. If you want to purchase
these birds you pay $3,0 Mio more than to order a factor fresh aircraft. Any suggestions why this happen?

EAT CEO

Talentz

That's because the aircraft was cut short of its lease (7yr lease, airline BK's 2 years into). As such, you'll find the "added" cost of breaking the lease built into the price.

Least, that's what I've always thought... if wrong, Sami can always explain  :P

Talentz

Sami

ReedME

Hmmmm.... That still doesn't add up right...? I mean why would I bother getting a older aircraft when I can get it brand new... cheaper... even if I do have to wait ?

FCNekke

Quote from: ReedME on February 19, 2009, 11:44:24 AM
Hmmmm.... That still doesn't add up right...? I mean why would I bother getting a older aircraft when I can get it brand new... cheaper... even if I do have to wait ?

If you need an aircraft fast... as in two weeks!!

ReedME

Kontio

Quote from: ReedME on February 19, 2009, 11:44:24 AM

When it comes to the most popular aircraft you may have to wait several game years. You get used aircraft in 2 game weeks. Has nothing to do with being desperate but with making money and return of investment, that's what this game is all about.

ReedME