Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No more airport slots available at base airport  (Read 716 times)

Guillaume

• Former member
No more airport slots available at base airport
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:25:57 PM »
What happens if there remain no slot available at your airport base ?

AgentYoda

• Former member
Re: No more airport slots available at base airport
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 01:44:05 AM »
I would think that means there's no more room for you to fly anywhere. I checked your home base; you just took up several hours. Just use 10:00 to 23:00 and you'll have plenty of flight openings. And you probably shouldn't have put this in Test Game 7 Announcements; generally airlines don't ask the press questions.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:51:48 AM by AgentYoda »

Guillaume

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:08:35 AM »
Actually that's right. It's not in this forum I wanted to post this so if any admin can move it, enjoy !

Anyway, I know there still are some free slots in my base but the fact that those in the early morning are not free anymore made me think about this. For example if your home base is in a medium- or small-sized airport and all the slots become to be used after the three months delay you have in the beginning of the game to change your home base the game may be end here for you. So would there be any way to bypass this problem ? Like exceptionnally change your home base ?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:13:34 AM »
Answer is simple, you cannot start new routes if there are no slots. As in real life.  ;)

However the number of slots is quite high and I really do not see that they would be running out totally from some airports, even with larger games. In fact have to consider reducing the number of slots a bit even... And as you know people cannot "reserve" the slots as they expire in 2 (or 3?) months if not used.

For new game joiners I have to improve the menu to show the slot status so that you cannot join a game with an base airport with little or no slots.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.