Changelog and Previews comment thread

Started by Sami, August 12, 2015, 06:31:21 PM

Sami

Aircraft minimum size limits per airport won't be imposed as that is not realistic.

Seat blocking feature will not be disabled as that has not been abused nor caused otherwise any issues either.
(however there is the theoretical chance that seat block could be used to fly many big planes on a smaller-demand route in order to keep the slots, but we haven't seen anyone doing this - and it would be against the rules since it's not a "true / normal operations" as defined by the rules)

DanDan

Quote from: Sami on June 28, 2019, 12:40:07 PM
Aircraft minimum size limits per airport won't be imposed as that is not realistic.

Seat blocking feature will not be disabled as that has not been abused nor caused otherwise any issues either.
(however there is the theoretical chance that seat block could be used to fly many big planes on a smaller-demand route in order to keep the slots, but we haven't seen anyone doing this - and it would be against the rules since it's not a "true / normal operations" as defined by the rules)

well, yes, but on the other hand: slot trading is realistic. and paying 10M for a slot. and ghost flights (slot hogging). and...
really, i am very much looking forward to a functioning CBD on the pax side. it will help with a lot of these issues :)

Zombie Slayer

Just to verify....

The new wind models were not added to GW3 correct? I am seeing payload limitations when I schedule flights which leads me to believe that the last 36 years of scheduling may be at risk as we started the game under the old system.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Sami

DanDan

Hello Sami,

in GW2 the 747 is coming up, and i am curious to know if the combis are now "active" or not going to be included? There was a post about them being added in a month - so that should have happened already. But havent seen any notice of them in the update documentation. An information would be appreciated :)

Best regards
Dani

DanDan

Sadly in GW2 i already committed to the DC10 Combis, but Thanks for adding the 747 Combis!

Looking forward to 747-400 combis & "v2" fuel consumption on the 747 and other widebodies :)

DanDan

Hello Sami!

If you have a minute to spare: it would be great to get an update on the previews to see what is in the pipeline and to know what you are working on :)
And also I wanted to check if the B744M is going to be available in GW2 (History and Future)? Would be helpful for fleet planning.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Dani

ArcherII

Thanks for adding the D328NEU Sami!

But have you considered our Lord and Savior CV540/580/5800/freight conversion?

DanDan

"All aircraft models include now (internally used) values that determine the length and width of the passenger cabin. These values will be used by the new cabin configuration systems/features (to be previewed later on in more detail)."

That sounds like a dream! Imagine: an A340-500 that is not smaller than an A340-300. Or a CRJ705 that is actually the same size as the CRJ900! ... Sami, make it real please!!!  :)

@Sami: would be great if you could maybe make the data available to us here, so we could check the data and discuss it before it gets relevant - and so we dont have to possibly face annoying inconsistencies.  :-[

schro

Talentz

Quote from: schro on September 30, 2019, 04:00:35 PM
The hits keep coming for the Baade....

Do players actually use the Baade?...

We should have a plane challenge, select only non-desirable planes in a limited GW set up (NA/EU/Aisa). Spooky challenge!

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

ArcherII

Boo! Your lack of turbo Convair is bad, and you should feel baaaad!

MuzhikRB

Cabin update is good. But it will be really useful if PAX will start to worry about how good their seat will be.

Jake

Quote from: MuzhikRB on September 30, 2019, 07:33:34 PM
Cabin update is good. But it will be really useful if PAX will start to worry about how good their seat will be.
They do in some aspect already in terms of pricing ;)
CityLink Express: Discover More, Discover Asia

broadbander

Will the new aircraft seat configurations also be used to determine the number of cabin crew required for each aircraft? For example, will a 156 seat A319 require 4 crew, whereas a 149 seat A319 will only require 3?

SP7

Can we please get a seat bank or warehouse so that putting in 10 business class seats doesn't cost a million dollars?

Jetsetter

Sami, on the cargo calculations, was this the issue?

New York has 100 tons a day
JFK/LGA/EWR/HPN/ISP split it equally for 20 tons potential demand each
There is 25 tons of supply to each of those airports, 125 tons total in New York
The system was saying "there is 125 tons of supply at HPN" rather than saying "there's 125 tons of supply in the New York market"

JumboShrimp

I think there may be an issue of the demand not being subtracted correctly when it moves from one airport to another.  For example, I have flights to JFK and EWR, supplying capacity in excess of demand.  But LGA now (after the bug fix) shows actual demand (unserved), and in fact it is growing.

Mort

Great set of quality of life changes, much appreciated!!  ;D

JumboShrimp

Yup, lots of nice changes / improvements.