Changelog and Previews comment thread

Started by Sami, August 12, 2015, 06:31:21 PM

Zobelle

Quote from: NovemberCharlie on December 17, 2017, 08:45:33 PM
I just noticed the 777-2xx models will be able to be converted to the 777F.
However in real life 777s are unable to be converted to freighters, due to too weak floor beams.

Difficult but not impossible.

ArcherII

Just when I got rid of the Electras thinking they wouldn't be upgraded...

Andre090904

Hi Sami,

The airport information page map is destroying the whole layout of the page. Also, market shares are no longer loading.

EDIT: Seems like you just fixed it.  :)

yearofthecactus

Please pretty please add the 747 cargo soon/to the next changelog.  :)

Oh and good for you not being held to ransom by google. They shafted my university last year, anything that halts their march to world domination is good by me.

schro

Looks like the demand charts are now bonkered. Anyone got a microscope I can use so I can see them?

Andre090904

Demands looks fine again, BUT we have another issue now. I cannot create routes anymore. If I click on the "select airport" button (the green tick) it leads me to the route information page (where I can see the demand etc) instead of the route creation page...  :'(

EDIT: Fixed

Tha_Ape

About today's post
QuoteChanges are modelled all the way to 1970, but not prior that (did not have time as 1950-1970 in Africa was a mess with so many changes and different colonies/borders that it would take ages to research and draw the borders).

A rather simple possibility would be to have colonial empires (british, french, belgian, spanish and portugese) showed as global entities alongside Liberia or South Africa (rather than having all colonial subdivisions), and introduce the current borders as they become independent.

The only two exceptions might be Morocco and Tunisia, which where not proper colonies but protectorates.

JumboShrimp

•Bad scaling of market share pie charts in airport info page fixed.

I am not sure what was fixed, but the market share charts still look small to me.

deovrat

Sami - The latest changelog has destroyed scheduling.

If I create a 7-day schedule consisting of say, 13 routes, the pagination list gets veryyyy long because of this stupid warning every time.

I do not see why such a need to warn has occurred all of a sudden; people were doing fine without it.

If the scheduling already wasn't finger-unfriendly enough !  ::)

Sorry if the words are harsh, but that is an epic fail. Enough for me to consider reducing the number of GWs I can keep playing simultaneously.

Sami

Well. That warning should not appear there (and even if it would be, not in that format)....

Zombie Slayer

Thanks for updating the Mx family! Obviously to late for the modified Max 7/8/9 in GW 3 but will the Max 10 launch in the current GW3?
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

tyteen4a03

Will the 777/737 updates be rolled out in current GW1 as well?

Zombie Slayer

Can we get the Max10 in 3 since it does not launch for 3 more years IRL?
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Oscjo290

The server update you spoke about sami, can you elaborate on if this will make the game run faster, aka 20 or 15 min days after the initial start of a game world?

Sami

No, there are no plans to speed up the game days (since users cannot keep up...).

Tha_Ape

Quote from: Obelix on May 17, 2018, 01:21:14 PM
The server update you spoke about sami, can you elaborate on if this will make the game run faster, aka 20 or 15 min days after the initial start of a game world?

Not sure about that one. I reckon that games are long (1950-2035, 1.9 years...), but at the same time once you have a large airline, having time (through "long" days) is a key factor, as otherwise your renewal would last much longer in game time, and so would your negative margin.
Plus, smaller airlines (sometimes used as lighter solution in order not to overload ourselves) would become much more nervous.

If your issue is the game lengths, have shorter games (5 GWs instead of 4?) would be a good solution: increased rotation between games, faster access to said era, etc.

gazzz0x2z

There was this Cargo test mini-game with 15 minutes days. It was insane. Every 2 real hours, I was connecting and setting up 3 used planes. While someone who can't connect during the day is definitively doomed. reached more than one billion of weekly profit in that one. Was fun, but made no sense....

30 minutes is excellent, IMHO, bar maybe for the last years of a long game. Still punitive for not often connected people, but not as deadly.

JumboShrimp

Coding error in global wind systems found & fixed, affected flight time calculations on some long haul flights (usually max 10mins). [fix will only take effect in any new game worlds

Not a big deal, but I am wondering if this is related to the bug that was fixed.

Consider a text stop route one way (HKG the old airport to FAI):
HKG-GDX-FAI: 4393nm, flight time 12:20
Hkg-KHV-FAI: 4392nm, flight time 12:20

(aircraft is 757)

Both are tracking very closely the direct path. 

But on the return trip:
FAI-GDX-HKG: 4393nm, flight time: 12:35, airborne: 10:58
FAI-KHV-HKG: 4392nm, flight time: 12:50, airborne: 11:08
FAI-HKG: 4392nm, flight time: 11:20 (nonstop), airborne: 11.01

Andre090904

The new achievements...are those active already? In other words: If I am flying let's say 500 US-aircraft can I expect to get this achievement any moment now?

Or are those only valid for new game worlds?

PS: Thanks for those! I have another idea for another achievement. Since we have the "Yearly Passenger" achievements, why not have "Yearly Cargo" achievements, too? ;) (Since you're at it...)