Changelog and Previews comment thread

Started by Sami, August 12, 2015, 06:31:21 PM

LemonButt

Are the latest changes supposed to be in effect in all gameworlds? Not seeing it in AG.

sanabas

Updates to stats/availability of individual models typically only apply to new gameworlds. EMB120 changed from small to medium some time ago, but that's still small in AG too, I think. Will be same deal with today's updates to it.

tungstennedge

So, the change to the aircraft UM was brilliant, for me at-least with my larger airline, able to buy 50 AC at a time.

However, I'm sure sure if this is intended, but my HATF airline now has 60+ AC in operation, but I still can only lease 3 aircraft at a time. 2% of 50 is 1, so I should be-able to get 4 per week right? Or does the extra UM usage only work with aircraft purchases? What am I missing?

Cheers, Tungstennedge

schro

Quote from: tungstennedge on March 29, 2021, 10:59:20 AM
So, the change to the aircraft UM was brilliant, for me at-least with my larger airline, able to buy 50 AC at a time.

However, I'm sure sure if this is intended, but my HATF airline now has 60+ AC in operation, but I still can only lease 3 aircraft at a time. 2% of 50 is 1, so I should be-able to get 4 per week right? Or does the extra UM usage only work with aircraft purchases? What am I missing?

Cheers, Tungstennedge

2% of fleet size with a minimum of 3.

You won't get a 4th weekly until you hit 200 planes.

schlaf

Quote from: schro on March 29, 2021, 01:07:27 PM
2% of fleet size with a minimum of 3.

You won't get a 4th weekly until you hit 200 planes.

I just ordered 4planes from used market with a fleet of 182....

schro

Quote from: schlaf on March 29, 2021, 04:06:17 PM

I just ordered 4planes from used market with a fleet of 182....

I'm guessing that might get attributed to rounding or be a relevant item for a bug report?

schlaf

Quote from: schro on March 29, 2021, 05:47:19 PM
I'm guessing that might get attributed to rounding or be a relevant item for a bug report?

I normaly dont report bug that I do like ;D But youre welcome to make one if you want :)

(but my guess is that it's all about rounding)

tungstennedge

Ahh i see, thanks. I understood the change as 3+2% of fleet, not or.

DanDan

just to bring it back to the frontpage... been half a year now that someone posted here  :,(

ArcherII

And almost another half has passed by

FlyZef

Great news re AUS/NZ open skies!

seafax

Is anything in development for AWS?  Seems to have been a while since any major updates or news.

ArcherII

Regarding the Dornier 328JET. Is it still really necessary to limit its cruising speed to be considered in the same fleet as the turboprop?

I ask after the fact that we have been able to move schedules across different types for a while now and,  afaik, that was the main limitation when considering same fleet cruising speeds.

Sami

Quote from: ArcherII on March 27, 2023, 01:01:22 PM
Regarding the Dornier 328JET. Is it still really necessary to limit its cruising speed to be considered in the same fleet as the turboprop?

I ask after the fact that we have been able to move schedules across different types for a while now and,  afaik, that was the main limitation when considering same fleet cruising speeds.

It's the fleet commonality cost that is the factor.

If and when the commonality model is refreshed to be more flexible (e.g. prop and jet not in same fleet group but share 90% of training and maintenance commonality), then this can be re-visited (remind me then :P).

Though, on the other hand. With current same fleet group combo, I suspect nobody is using D328JET anyway in tandem with D328props, so it could be done either way....

ArcherII

Yes, but my question is really about the relationship between fleet types and their locked speed. With the ability to switch schedules, that should no longer be a limitation. If one thing is affecting the 338JET popularity, it's its dysmal speed.

The same could be said about the 737 Classic and the NG. They are different fleets because their speed varies .04 Mach. Same with the DC9 series and the MD80 series.

Edit: if the limitation is in the commonality costs, then I would guess you could tweak those costs up accordinly. Most players would accept a bit higher costs in Mx and commonality for those fleets if it meant those would end up in the same fleet.

Cornishman

Quote from: Sami on March 27, 2023, 01:15:27 PM
It's the fleet commonality cost that is the factor.

If and when the commonality model is refreshed to be more flexible ....

Much simpler solution suggestion - get rid of this much disliked, over-protection of the meek absurd commonality costing model altogether, that sees the most ridiculous cost multiplications (often costs increase over 10x  :o ) when you have a decent airline and you adopt 4 or more fleet types. It ruins the game reality. Nobody ever uses half the aircraft types such as Concorde, since you couldn't have too many of them and that takes up 1 of the precious 3 types.
Perhaps a better idea is to limit the number of small / medium flights that can be slotted at airports as airports progress up the "infrastructure" and "traffic" levels.  That would stop these slot-hogs that successfully (and completely unrealistically) base hundreds and hundreds of silly little prop planes at places like LHR / JFK / CDG etc.

gazzz0x2z

Quote from: Cornishman on April 08, 2023, 01:13:56 PM
Much simpler solution suggestion - get rid of this much disliked, over-protection of the meek absurd commonality costing model altogether, that sees the most ridiculous cost multiplications (often costs increase over 10x  :o ) when you have a decent airline and you adopt 4 or more fleet types. It ruins the game reality. Nobody ever uses half the aircraft types such as Concorde, since you couldn't have too many of them and that takes up 1 of the precious 3 types.
Perhaps a better idea is to limit the number of small / medium flights that can be slotted at airports as airports progress up the "infrastructure" and "traffic" levels.  That would stop these slot-hogs that successfully (and completely unrealistically) base hundreds and hundreds of silly little prop planes at places like LHR / JFK / CDG etc.

Nope.

Cornishman

Quote from: gazzz0x2z on April 09, 2023, 08:45:34 AM
Nope.

Luvs ya Gazzz, and there's lot's we've agreed upon over the years, but I read it over and over and over in so many other people's posts . . . get rid of the ridiculously high, insane, unrealistic, much unwanted commonality costs!

Or was your 1 word reaction against the "hundreds of silly little props at major airports"  . . .   or "nope" to both suggestions?

Sorry mate but that very action of just going - Nope! to something that so many complain about is not helpful. We've all heard the same old reason why the commonality cost model exists and frankly too many of us are tired of the same old "stick-in-the-mud" refusal to fix things in this game - it needs some shaking up mate (meant in the nicest possible way as someone who loves this game on the whole and wants it to continue and thrive).

DanDan

...and worst: undocumented! Lots of airlines go broke because they dont even realize this illogical game-concept.

Karl

The fleet commonality penalty really hurts when moving to fleet replacement.  This, I think, is what generally causes my previous airlines to bankrupt in the long run.