Airlines

Started by 4thmuskateer, June 05, 2015, 04:33:40 AM

4thmuskateer

if you could bring back a defunct airline in real life, what would it be and where would you service??

My Answer:

Pacific Southwest Airlines

HUBS:San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco

FLEET: 737(medium haul), EMB-190(short-medium haul), and BAe 146(short haul)

LOCATION: California, Arizona, Baja, Nevada, Oregon, Phoenix, Washington

tdf42

EASTERN. HUB JFK BOS FLL. BASICALLY COPY JETBLUE WHICH IS A MODERN  DAY COPY OF OLD EASTERN.   FLYING TO  EASTERN US, GULF COAST, TEXAS, CARIB  LATIN AMERICA LAX SAN SFO PHX LAS SEA.   B738 B739 B717

kberry

As a native San Diegan I would have to say PSA. No questions asked. You gotta love those "smile-liners" and you can still to this day find the occasional US Airways aircraft (not counting their PSA heritage livery A319) with the distinctive "smile" painted on the underside of the nose.

Hubs: Keeping it realistic I'd say SAN (of course), SFO and LAX. Nothing to change from the original.
Fleet: Airbus 320 family (short/medium haul) and Airbus 330 family (long-haul)
Location: Duh... the Pacific Southwest! Kidding... HQ in San Diego, all flights in/out of California as the original ran.

Outside of that, I'd love to see Pan Am return in some form. In its heyday Pan Am was what every other airline in the western world longed to be.

Hubs: JFK, MIA, LHR, NRT, LAX and HNL
Fleet: I see a present-day Pan Am heavily using the Boeing 777 (all variants) with B738/B739's for Short/Medium Haul routing
Location: HQ in New York, flying everywhere they can safely put an airplane down and get back out again.

Kadachiman

Ansett Australia
Australian Domestic Routes

Cardinal

Piedmont Airlines. (Not its current incarnation as Henson Airlines d.b.a. Piedmont Airlines d.b.a. US Airways Express d.b.a. American Eagle)

schro

From a practical standpoint, AirTran would be great to have back in its pre-WN form. Airfare out of Atlanta has gone nuts. Eastern would be welcome too if they came back to hub level at ATL as well.

saetta

Hughes Airwest ...top banana in the west!