LH from Malpensa, not so high pax request

Started by Cammellodacorsa, May 19, 2015, 09:53:06 PM

Cammellodacorsa

Dear All,
since two years I established a new base in Malpensa dedicated to longhaul routes.
So, I planned several short to medium A319-320 to make some good profit and then I started planning some long routes to different airports worldwide.
The problem, at least it seems to me a problem, is that, apart of Osaka Kansai, all the destinations has pax request under 300. Let's say average of 250, in USA like in Asia, like in South America and in Africa is even worse. It seems pretty hard then to full up all the planes with this low level request.
What do you suggest?
Is request out of the major airports in EU more or less the same, or Malpensa has lower request than others?

Aoitsuki

the demand sounds about right, use a small LH aircraft such as 767 to do these route.

Cammellodacorsa

I bought and leased A330 and 340, more 340 than 330.
Maybe not the perfect choice! :-(

Aoitsuki

if KIX has more then 300, chances are NRT also have 300+. it's not really gamebreaking if you run 330 on route that only have 250 pax.
next time, always do some research before leasing an aircraft.

Cammellodacorsa

Yes, in fact the real mistake is not the wrong plane but the lack o research and planning even before to open in Malpensa or everywhere else.
I will do that next time. As soon as these LH are working properly I will open a third base to operate only regional, just to make experience and in this case i will select it more aknowledged!

Thanks