Game World #3 (5/14 - 3/15) end results

Started by Sami, April 01, 2015, 03:52:10 PM

Sami

The Game World #3 scenario has ended today, and here are the final results. This scenario started in May 2014 from the game year 1995 and was played all the way to year 2030.

The next Game World #3 ("Modern Times") starts this Friday, April 3rd!

Richest CEOs

PlayerAirlineMoney
1.   GKavi8r   Gecko   38 743 291 USD

2.   tim   Skylines   35 302 613 USD

3.   fark24   Hoek Airlines   34 571 321 USD

4.   schro   Owl Express   33 710 685 USD

5.   Mr.HP   Green Air   32 970 053 USD

Highest scoring airlines

AirlinePlayerScore
1.   Sirion Airlines   Elladan   1 868

2.   Skylines   tim   1 816

3.   Volppe Airlines   Crazybernie   1 750

4.   Green Air   Mr.HP   1 749

5.   Infinity   Infinity   1 730

Largest fleets

AirlinePlayerAircraft
1.   Owl Express   schro   2 256

2.   Skylines   tim   1 333

3.   Volppe Airlines   Crazybernie   1 303

4.   Sirion Airlines   Elladan   1 291

5.   American Southern   SAC   1 012

Most airports served

AirlinePlayerDestinations
1.   Skylines   tim   455

2.   Volppe Airlines   Crazybernie   429

3.   BlackburnAir   brendanosx   417

4.   Sirion Airlines   Elladan   397

5.   Kuyers Express   bkuyers   385

Busiest airports

AirportPassengers / yr
1.   London Heathrow (EGLL / LHR)   219.11 mil

2.   Chicago - O'Hare (KORD / ORD)   191.79 mil

3.   Atlanta - Hartsfield-Jackson (KATL / ATL)   189.78 mil

4.   Los Angeles (KLAX / LAX)   143.89 mil

5.   Paris - Charles De Gaulle (LFPG / CDG)   141.67 mil

Alliances

AllianceScore
1.   GLOBAL EXPRESS   4 511

2.   Sky Alliance   3 697

3.   Elite Worldwide Alliance   3 352

4.   WorldLink Alliance   2 209

5.   CLOUD9   1 592

6.   A Team Alliance   787

Infinity

Don't get me wrong, congratulations to Global Express for winning the alliance score for the first time - but a comparing look at the highest scoring airline tab reveals how screwed up the scoring system is.

Mr.HP

I think it just proves that you guys weren't as organized as you should have been. High cumulative score can be achieved with any well organized Alliances

Infinity

Quote from: Mr.HP on April 02, 2015, 01:45:55 PMHigh cumulative score can be achieved with any well organized Alliances

It's intransparent and has nothing to do with good organization. Strike warnings cost points and there is no way to find the perpetrator, just to name one example.

Mr.HP

Quote from: Infinity on April 02, 2015, 09:30:16 PM
It's intransparent and has nothing to do with good organization. Strike warnings cost points and there is no way to find the perpetrator, just to name one example.

Then why others Alliance don't have the strike issue that cost points? It's not about finding the one who causes strikes, it's about preventing one to have strikes by helping out; giving warning message, etc... and we have excellent cooperation

gazzz0x2z

Strike warnings also come with a more risky way of management. I'm pretty sure Elite has "at the limit" management practices to optimize income. I gives them the biggest income. It comes with a price. That's a matter of choice. I was smaller, had less risky business practices, ant therefore I did cost no warning to my (small) alliance.

Infinity

Quote from: Mr.HP on April 03, 2015, 04:44:52 AM
Then why others Alliance don't have the strike issue that cost points? It's not about finding the one who causes strikes, it's about preventing one to have strikes by helping out; giving warning message, etc...
And how on earth are we supposed to see who is going to have a strike? We can only see a strike once it happens, and then it's too late. We need a feature that clearly displays any point changing event in the alliance management dashboard, and as long as we don't have that you really can't attribute your winning to good management. Again, congratulations but please stop alluding that it was achieved through superior organization.

rjbear178

Mr.HP

Quote from: Infinity on April 03, 2015, 03:16:28 PM
Again, congratulations but please stop alluding that it was achieved through superior organization.

I will, if you stop saying it was achieved because the system is broken. I think just a simple Congratulation is enough, why need to blame reasons?

Infinity

Because I am right and the fault needs to be eradicated.

Mr.HP

So you're saying your so call 10 straight wins were on this broken system, and they should be demerited/voided? Yeah, I'd agree with that

Zombie Slayer

Nope, the system was "tweaked" about a year ago when the airline scoring was introduced. Before, whether you agreed with the scoring or not, it was cut and dry and easily trackable (except the BK warning and missed check point deductions). Now there is no rhyme or reason to the alliance scoring. Easily trackable scoring means managers can manage and guide their alliance to the top of the scoreboard. The current system is like throwing a dart at a dart board. If you are lucky, you'll hit something and score some points.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

[SC] - King Kong

So many bad losers in this thread. Good Job Mr HP :)

Zombie Slayer

Just stating facts, nothing more. All I want is a return to transparent scoring.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

[SC] - King Kong

Fully agree with the fact that a transparent scoring interface provides "coaches" how to manage their team.
But still, this is how it works now, and you didn't end first place. I believe that happened before and the same crying bulls*** occurred... so at your end nothing changed.

Enjoy easter!  :-[

Mr.HP

All alliances have equal footing on cumulative scores, and big alliances have more advantages in variable scores thanks to their mega airlines

Quote from: ZombieSlayer on April 05, 2015, 03:20:39 AM
Easily trackable scoring means managers can manage and guide their alliance to the top of the scoreboard. The current system is like throwing a dart at a dart board. If you are lucky, you'll hit something and score some points.

Everyone is under the same rules, so why yours have so less cumulative score than the other 2 leaders? Doesn't it mean you overlook something crucial? Or did you suffer x2 points deducted for each warning/violation/strike as comparing to others?

And when trackable scoring is no longer available, but other alliances managed to guide/organize their members well; and you don't think their achievement is something?

Infinity

Quote from: Mr.HP on April 06, 2015, 03:20:24 AM
And when trackable scoring is no longer available, but other alliances managed to guide/organize their members well; and you don't think their achievement is something?

You knew just as little as we did how individual members impacted your score. You won by plain chance, get to grips with that fact.

What we need is a detailed log of every point contribution or malus of any individual member airline in the alliance management screen and a 100% transparent scoring routine. Only then can you say that you won by superior management.
I don't begrudge you your victory, but it's really beyond me how you can say it was due to better management when there is nothing to manage. You won because the sum of your players performed better on a set of arbitrary metrics that can't effectively be steered by management and have very little do to with how well one runs his airline.

If you just came to terms with that, we could all be happy for your victory and work on a transparent scoring mechanism that would be truly manageable.

[SC] - King Kong

Quote from: Infinity on April 07, 2015, 10:33:27 AM
You knew just as little as we did how individual members impacted your score. You won by plain chance, get to grips with that fact.

What we need is a detailed log of every point contribution or malus of any individual member airline in the alliance management screen and a 100% transparent scoring routine. Only then can you say that you won by superior management.
I don't begrudge you your victory, but it's really beyond me how you can say it was due to better management when there is nothing to manage. You won because the sum of your players performed better on a set of arbitrary metrics that can't effectively be steered by management and have very little do to with how well one runs his airline.

If you just came to terms with that, we could all be happy for your victory and work on a transparent scoring mechanism that would be truly manageable.

Even though I love to troll you guys, I do agree on this with you and it makes sense to change it.

alexgv1

Quote from: Infinity on April 07, 2015, 10:33:27 AM
What we need is a detailed log of every point contribution or malus of any individual member airline in the alliance management screen and a 100% transparent scoring routine.

Yes this would be a good feature to have. Would take away the element of mystery for alliance management.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

dmoose42

Hopefully trolling is part of the bonus alliance points calculation!  :P