Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Transforming your airline  (Read 410 times)

Offline kmeinert

• Members
Transforming your airline
« on: February 24, 2015, 07:28:18 AM »
Hi

First of all thanks to the creators for this great game.

I am about to venture into my first airline outside the Beginner's World. The manual and Getting Started areas states that you should choose initially whether you want to do short-haul, medium-haul, or international/long-haul. But I want to do short-haul initially and then gradually transform into the others. I know this entails that I have to change most of my fleet of carriers. Is this economically viable? Or can I do both? Starting with short-haul routes and then later open up long-haul routes without having to give up the former (provided my fleet can cater both types)?

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated!

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Transforming your airline
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:14:57 AM »
That selection is only for the base finder wizard to give you suggestions about possible starting airports.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:06:30 AM »
if your company grows very big(few hundreds of plane), having 4 fleet types instead of 3 is a big drawbacks. Some players manage, many don't.

If you want to stick to 3 fleet groups to avoid huge communality costs, there are 2 strategies :

(mine) stick to 2 fleet groups, and begin to replace one only when the other one is fully replaced
(expert's) order the 377 A148 that will replace your 377 CRJ100, store them, and replace them big bang style, within one game week.

Expert's is easier if you have a smaller fleet of bigger planes. It was not my case. Took me 7 years of gameplay to replace all my CRJs. So I was limited in scope by my 2 fleet groupes : 737NGs and A148s. No small line(less than 55 pax), no long-range. For the last 10 years of GW3, I "cheated" & added 777s to my fleet, as I know I won't have any replacement to make anymore. But if the game was to last up to 2060 with new generations of planes incoming, I would have bypassed the 777s. Too much hassle to replace my 377 A148/158 by a suitable replacement(if I had to do it now, I'd go for MRJ - and 737NG for distances above 1900NM the A148E can fly, but the MRJ cannot).

Offline kmeinert

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 12:51:24 PM »
Alright. Thanks a lot for your insights.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.