Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What is short, medium, long, ultra long range in NM?  (Read 513 times)

paulorcrs

• Former member
What is short, medium, long, ultra long range in NM?
« on: February 21, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »
What is short, medium, long, ultra long range in NM? and a small, medium, large aircraft witch range to get the warning "too small for that route"

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: What is short, medium, long, ultra long range in NM?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »
Too small for route is not related to range.

1. It is relevant to the Fleet type of the aircraft that you are using
Example -
- If a fleet type has plane models that have say 100, 120, 140 and 160 seats available (as their factory standard) then your average for that fleet type is 130 seats....which may be fine at the time
- but if a model comes along later that has 40 seats then your average drops to 112 seats
- this may then cause you to get the warning as it is applied to the entire fleet and not the individual models

2. With the introduction of Wide Bodied aircraft your current Narrow bodied aircraft used on the route may then become unsuitable (not preferred by customers) so you get the warning, especially on International routes

paulorcrs

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 07:24:03 PM »
If i understand a E195 with 122 seats does not get the warning and a E195 with 80 seats gets the warning

paulorcrs

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 07:27:11 PM »
In fact i get the warning if the flight is for outside EU with 1900nm, but if the flight is in UE with 1900 i don't get the warning, there is no sense in that, 5 hour flight is a 5 hour flight whatever you fly

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »
If i understand a E195 with 122 seats does not get the warning and a E195 with 80 seats gets the warning

It is my understanding that if you do get the warning then you would get the warning on both the 122 and 80 seater as they are the same fleet type and the warning is for the fleet type not the individual plane configuration

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 08:06:35 PM »
In fact i get the warning if the flight is for outside EU with 1900nm, but if the flight is in UE with 1900 i don't get the warning, there is no sense in that, 5 hour flight is a 5 hour flight whatever you fly

I can only assume that the programming is set-up so that International routes may trigger the warning whereas domestic routes may not ...on the same fleet type regardless of the route distance

Does it makes sense? that is a different question.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.