Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: did you ever change the maintenance cost calculation?  (Read 449 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
did you ever change the maintenance cost calculation?
« on: February 03, 2015, 05:37:44 PM »
I once asked (as feature request) to change the maintenance cost calculation from age to a mix of age and flight time/cycles (and probably a counter that counts how often the jet was in very bad condition) ... has this feature been implemented or at least considered for the future... or is this still something only me wishes to see?  ;D

Offline CarlBagot

• Members
Re: did you ever change the maintenance cost calculation?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 01:01:43 AM »
Not as far as I know, unfortunately, abusing aircraft hours/cycles to increase utilization is still the best way to go. Sami is busy and considered it low priority/too high complexity for the benifits but I too would very much like this feature before we get connections (.....eventually).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:04:27 AM by CarlBagot »

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 09:10:31 AM »
I did read, that Delta is saying, that their MD-88 have lower maintenance costs than the new 738s plus they have some MD-82s (and others) stored for later use (and all are older than 20) ... this wouldn't work in AWS. That's why I got the idea...  :-\

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 02:33:51 PM »
Yep.. that's how Allegiant works too.. using old MD-80s. Only flying them when needed, because the age doesn't matter as much as the cycles.

I really wish cycles and flight hours were used for maintenance costs and calculations here.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.