Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Merge Airlines...?  (Read 795 times)

Offline SwaT

• Members
Merge Airlines...?
« on: January 07, 2015, 08:24:20 AM »
Are there any ways to merge with other airlines that are on the verge of bankruptcy? If not, someone should consider this. The bankrupt airline should be able to use that money to start over in the same game world, together with the initial bank loan. Otherwise, what is the point of having an airline value?

Thanks

Aoitsuki

• Former member
Re: Merge Airlines...?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »
Are there any ways to merge with other airlines that are on the verge of bankruptcy? If not, someone should consider this. The bankrupt airline should be able to use that money to start over in the same game world, together with the initial bank loan. Otherwise, what is the point of having an airline value?

Thanks

what do you get from 'merging' an airline that is on the verge of bankruptcy? aircraft? slot? all the poor planning from that CEO? What allows a bankrupt airline to start over instantly and inherit cash from the previous failed airline? There is already a cash boost if you start/restart mid game.
airline value is to gauge the asset and size of the said airline.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:27:53 AM »

Thanks

Can you imagine the system abuse that would come from doing this
1 player forms 4 accounts, merges the 4 airlines, bankrupts 3 of them and is then very cashed up

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 10:48:58 AM »
Can you imagine the system abuse that would come from doing this
1 player forms 4 accounts, merges the 4 airlines, bankrupts 3 of them and is then very cashed up

Then that player would be banned from AWS.

I think a form of this would add to the game play as well as add some realism back into the game. Would also add a dynamic to these long game worlds

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 03:28:04 PM »
Too much potential for abuse(hey, it's already kind of abuse in real life...)

Offline Sulton123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 12:25:39 AM »
i think this idea could have legs

If Joe Bloggs Airways (yes its ficticious) was going bust before it is closed down by the bank the airline all or parts of it could be offered up for auction and the monies would go back to the creditors i.e. the bank or leasing companies

each failed airline could be put up for sale for say 7 days and to stop the wealthiest players buying them all a maximum purchased amount of airlines could be set say to 5

you could also allow airlines to make an offer to buy well ran airlines with the owner of the airline being allowed to accept or decline the offer - not sure who would want to do this but thought id throw it out there

now i have no idea about coding and all the work that goes into it so this could be far to time consuming or could be another idea for what is already a great game

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.