How do I set up a seven day schedule?

Started by ManAtTheBack, January 04, 2015, 11:47:40 AM

ManAtTheBack

I've tried to find it in the manual but cannot find it.

Thanks

Kadachiman

Example attached

Plane 1 - as attached
Plane 2 - all moved forward 1 day
Plane 3 to 7 - as per plane 2

Hope it makes sense

ManAtTheBack

Kadachiman

Thanks for the speedy reply.  Can I do this automatically, or do I need to set up each plane, flight individually?

Thanks

Kadachiman

If you go for 7 day scheduling every single day on every single route has to be set up manually.....and then redone when you change the route to more modern planes which are normally faster....sigh

In the example I posted I am using Boeing 737-400's so when changing to the faster and more fuel efficient 737-800 all flight times and turn-around times means the schedule needs to be redone

I have 400 x 737-400's to be replaced

ManAtTheBack

Thanks

It seems a lot of effort for little optimisation!

Thanks for the advice.

Kadachiman

That optimisation is what can and does save airlines when fuel prices get higher and higher

mp4c

Hello Kadachiman,

I am fascinated by the seven day schedule that you implement, however I don't understand the part about moving forward one day. Can you please explain in more detail?

mp4c

Mr.HP

Allow me to explain instead of Kadachiman

The column have number from 1 to 7 related to the day (Monday to Sunday) that route flew by plane A; plane B will have route to PHOG depart on Tue; KCRP on Wed; and so forth; plane C will have route to PHOG depart on Wed; KCRP on Thu; and so forth

Therefore, you will have 7 planes to cover daily flights to each of those destinations

Hope this explained well

HP

mp4c

Yes, I understand now. It's much more efficient but more difficult to schedule routes.

Thank you.