Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Question about the 6th right of traffic  (Read 618 times)

freetrial7d

• Former member
Question about the 6th right of traffic
« on: January 02, 2015, 05:59:13 PM »
Hello there,

I'm currently testing out this game and it is a lot of fun!
I've started with a small regional airliner but I am curious to whether it will be possible to base aircraft outside my HQ's country.

For example let's say my HQ is EGLL, UK.
I would like to take use of the 6th right of traffic, for example build a route between KIAD and OMDB with EGLL as transit point for refueling. For this I'd have to open a base at either KIAD or OMDB, is that correct? Is this even possible as my HQ is in the UK?
Also in the manual it says, that the 6th right of traffic is not modelled yet. Will this be modelled in the future and can you tell me when exactly?

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Question about the 6th right of traffic
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 07:09:04 PM »
Routes are only modeled as Origin/Destination from each of your bases. Therefore, you can sell LHR-IAD and LHR-DXB but not DXB-IAD via LHR. If you create a tech stop, no passengers are picked up/dropped off.

However, if you are based in IAD or DXB, you can create an IAD-XXX-DXB route to stop for gas (but again, no passengers are picked up/dropped off). Also, large airports like LHR are not permitted for tech stop operations (I'd suggest EINN).

My guess (but I can't speak for the staff here) that if the 6th right is ever modeled, it is very low on the priority list for development.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »
I am curious to whether it will be possible to base aircraft outside my HQ's country.

You can open bases in another country only in specific circumstances. For example, once the European Union is established you can open bases in any EU country if your HQ is in the EU. Other examples are French overseas territories and the US territories of Puerto Rico and Guam.

freetrial7d

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:56:23 PM »
Thanks for your replies!

Too bad transit passengers are not modelled and I cannot combine too routes (example: LIRF-OMDB-YSSY) and gain more profit out of transitting/off-dropping passengers at OMDB.

However I have another question:
If I have 2 aircraft with a pretty tight schedule. A/C 1 performs B-Check on Wednesday 0AM- Thursday 0AM. The other aircraft is enroute at that time (departure: 11PM Tuesday and arrival is 1AM wednesday). how are the routes that A/C 1 actually has to fly but cannot due to B-check handled? In the manual I've read that b-checks do not affect flights as if they're being cancelled. So in my example above, are the A/C 1 flights actually flown? But how if there is no A/C available?

I was checking the details page of the aircraft the day after B-check and it was saying "Profit last day: None due to B-check" or something like that. So please enlighten me how I should understand the phrase in the manual?

Offline Elouda

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 02:22:12 PM »
Thanks for your replies!

Too bad transit passengers are not modelled and I cannot combine too routes (example: LIRF-OMDB-YSSY) and gain more profit out of transitting/off-dropping passengers at OMDB.

However I have another question:
If I have 2 aircraft with a pretty tight schedule. A/C 1 performs B-Check on Wednesday 0AM- Thursday 0AM. The other aircraft is enroute at that time (departure: 11PM Tuesday and arrival is 1AM wednesday). how are the routes that A/C 1 actually has to fly but cannot due to B-check handled? In the manual I've read that b-checks do not affect flights as if they're being cancelled. So in my example above, are the A/C 1 flights actually flown? But how if there is no A/C available?

I was checking the details page of the aircraft the day after B-check and it was saying "Profit last day: None due to B-check" or something like that. So please enlighten me how I should understand the phrase in the manual?

What it means is that the flights simply wont happen (so no income, but also no flight related expenses), but they will not incur any penalties like would normally happen for a cancellation. For the longer checks (C/D), it also means that the slots won't be considered 'not flown' and thus will not be at risk of being lost.

freetrial7d

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »
I understand, thank you.

Is it possible to have a 3rd A/C flying whenever the other 2 A/C are in maintenance? And can this be done automatically?

As far as I'm aware it's possible to shift the schedules to a 3rd A/C and send A/C 1 into maintenance right away. However I'm wondering if the system is 'intelligent' enough to see that A/C 3 has no rotation on that day that A/C 1 goes into B-Check, so A/C 3 automatically flies the schedule of A/C 1?

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 02:35:45 PM »
Yes you can have a standby aircraft, but mostly uneconomical for small airlines and time consuming for big airlines.....as any transfers are all manual

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 03:01:23 PM »
The game moves too quickly for you to effectivly manage B checks in that manner. If you are still very small, it may be useful to do so for C or D checks, but once you get beyond a few dozen aircraft scheduled, it too becomes unmanageable and sucks the fun out of the game. In the C/D check scenario, it would be more a part of expansion rather than keeping a spare plane on hand - for example, you order a new plane for new routes you are about to open and move the about to be C checked planes schedule to the new one and put the new routes on the plane getting checked (because RI on existing routes will be higher, you'll likely make more money on existing routes if you had to chose, if that makes sense).

I would suggest getting a jump on expansion before your prepaid lease periods end and it becomes more difficult to make positive cash flow. The game's architecture makes it difficult for an airline to survive with just a couple planes...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.