Cost of Maintenance

Started by Dutchformula, December 05, 2014, 12:14:04 PM

Dutchformula

Hi All,

Currently im flying a bunch of 20 year old 757s around. (leased at +/- 500K monthly)
I could replace them with 7 year olds, for a lease of about +/- 600K monthly.

My question is, is there somewhere where i can see the 'extra maintenance cost on older planes'. Or somewhere to figure out if this is worth doing?

Naturally im not looking to fill the 100K gap, since theres inflation and stuff like that. Just would be nice to see how much more these old planes are costing me.
I read on the forums that a 24 year old plane gives you 300% extra maintenance cost (or something like that) but what is 100% costs then?

Rgrds,
Dutchformula

gazzz0x2z

counting the D-check, my macro tells me that a small plane costs 150 A-checks per year, a medium one 165 A-checks, and a large or very large one around 180 A-checks per year. I you avoid the D-Checks, you'll pay 135 to 145 A-checks a year (counting the C-check).

Look at the A-check of your different planes, & do the math.

What I don't have is the exact formula for cost increase.

If you are leasing, though, my advice would be to avoid the D-check & to let the oldies go before it. Be sure to find newer planes whose D-check is far.

Sami

There is no tool for that directly, but you can use the new aircraft listing and used aircraft market listings as comparisons.

For example in GW#2 there's an used N262C in 99% condition and 6.5y age - D check costs 125k, while D check for the same new a/c (100% / 0y) is 112k. Or 210k for a 15y N262A model.  (not a 757 but just the first plane in the market, as an example)