Point to point or Hub to Hub?

Started by ArmaghanJalil, November 25, 2014, 04:30:17 PM

ArmaghanJalil

Hi,

I'm sure its a stupid question, but pax demand in Game. Does the passengers travel on connecting flights in game? Is there any parameters for that?

If I create hubs in two fairly large airports and give them different point to point travels from hubs..., will the passengers try to connect through the hub or will they fly point to point. Just thinking of statigies and route planning for the game.

Regards,

Ajalil

CarlBagot

This game is only O&D, no connecting passengers (but they are factored into the O&D demand of major airports already). I heard that this will be implemented after City based demand (which is awesome) but that it will take a long time (months probably if not over a year). It sucks but....either you have some games out there who have it but are real time or you have this with only O&D (so maximize utilization instead of banks) but can use DC-3's to 787's and 77X's.

ArmaghanJalil

Ok, Thanks for your reply.

It is ok to know that I cannot run a 747 between cities with high demand and pax will automatically connect to smaller airports from hub to hub. In the game I will have to create flights from each point, to each hub then.. practically...

My route maps are going to look like stars.. hehe.. Thanks anyway.