Those darn ground handlers

Started by jamboy2378, February 09, 2009, 01:11:14 PM

jamboy2378

I noticed someone had mentioned to not have HR hire your employees, but to manually do it yourself. Thought it was pretty clever as I've never trusted those tree huggers down in HR so I did this and had everyone at 100% levels except for the ground personnel (3 higher). Sat in my office and thought all was well until I started getting angry red e-mails from HR telling me about a revolt down in the break area.

Now, how could that be? I didn't have any more planes flying. No extra routes. Why is HR wanting to hire more ground, pilots, and flight crews? And to top it off they apparently hired ex-Delta people as my turn-around times are killing me.

Speaking of which: If the plane has a 30 min turn-around how come when I go to schedule it I find that I sometimes have to stretch it to almost an hour to not have a % chance of it being delayed. And then it still has delays!!!!!!

Can someone clue me in. Will more ground crew fix turn-around time and stop delays? Why can't me peeps work? Does no one value working for the dollars they are paid? 

Also: Training $$ should ground to a halt after some time if you're running the same planes and stuff. What more are they training on? Or maybe we could have more in-depth stuff there. Like special Jedi training you pick to make your employees better?

masoniclight

charger27

I question that constant training thing too.
While commonality is certainly essential, at what point does sheer redundancy matter with the crews?

I am finding now, it is just as important to learn the parameters of the actual game as it is to know business or the airline industry.

When it comes to HR - you absolutely have to switch to manual around 10 planes.
At that point your staffing levels and salaries are badly out of touch.
There is no doubt the AI-HR was programmed with a union mentality!  8)

Also - watch any general marketing campaigns that you have set to permanent.
On a straight "my base country" newspaper campaign I started at $19,000... in under a year it was over $90,000.
When my routes are all well established - I will cancel the big campaign and go to a little city one.
Saves mega bucks... probably isn't advised, but it works.
Then if there are pesky legs that aren't cutting the revenue - a 1 month route specific usually corrects things.

Big Ern

Guys, do remember that airlines do have a lot of recurrent training for crew also in the real life. They're not cheap you know.

As mentioned before costs are here to take money from your profits. Making the game a bit more challenging. :)

/BE

charger27

Quote from: Big Ern on February 09, 2009, 05:51:00 PM
Guys, do remember that airlines do have a lot of recurrent training for crew also in the real life. They're not cheap you know.
As mentioned before costs are here to take money from your profits. Making the game a bit more challenging. :)
/BE
True - but procedural upkeep should (and does IRL) cost far less than... training from square one.
That goes for any business.