Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Monthly Stats Not Jiving with Quarterly Stats  (Read 378 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] Monthly Stats Not Jiving with Quarterly Stats
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:46:12 PM »
So, now that stats are run daily (so sad, the move was done before I had a chance to object in the feature request forum), they appear be done by the calendar month instead of the "game month". Specifically, in GW3, I see on my main airline page, revenue of 19.9B and profit of 5.65B. However, flipping to the stats page, my prior quarter numbers are reported as 19.25B and 5.43B respectively. This tells me that the stats are being refreshed at the end of the month rather than the end sunday as the quarters roll in the income statement.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:07:39 AM by sami »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Monthly Stats Not Jiving with Quarterly Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:55:39 PM »
Stats are updated at 23.59 on the first day of every month. No relation to quarters or weekdays or such.. (1x month is probably a tad slow update rate, considering 2x month; 1st and 15th)

Though indeed the 'previous quarter' should match income sheet.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:04:22 PM »
Can't see the same.

Income statement, last quarter: 3 149 202 335 USD
Stats last quarter: 3 149 202 335 USD

(game 4)

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 07:14:01 PM »
Can't see the same.

Income statement, last quarter: 3 149 202 335 USD
Stats last quarter: 3 149 202 335 USD

(game 4)

That's expected as it has been 2 months since the end of the quarter. The number will reconcile after stats update (is end of first month of quarter). This is most visible when the third month ends on a Monday or Tuesday, leaving that value in the monthly stats and the quarterly stats being as of the following Sunday.

On another note, the monthly stats need to refresh faster. Pax carried in previous two weeks is meaningless if you report monthly. Changes in ci to figure out wtf is going on at your competition is worthless at a monthly interval.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:07:34 AM »
Stats update now 2x monthly, on first monday of every month to match with quarters and then mid-month (depending on when stats were last updated). Fixed also broken trend indicators on previous year / quarter stats.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.