Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Plane Historians Not Respecting Space-Time Continuum  (Read 368 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] Plane Historians Not Respecting Space-Time Continuum
« on: September 24, 2014, 02:58:53 AM »
So, I was perusing the used market o' junk in GW2 and saw a broker selling a DC8 for a rather fair price. I figured I'd take a look to see which bankrupted airline made the contribution to the broker and checked out its history. I saw that it was returned from lease a week before it was ever delivered to the player. It is quite the Fresh perspective to have reality work in such a manner, however, i suspect the Air will get let out of that theory rather quickly.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:55:56 PM by sami »

Sanabas

• Former member
Re: Plane Historians Not Respecting Space-Time Continuum
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 03:06:16 AM »
Planes used to be able to timetravel via the magic of the dateline, maybe a few retain their power?

My guess is they BKed a week before the plane was due to arrive, so the returned from lease message is automatically generated for that day. And the plane delivered message is generated when the plane goes in the post 3 weeks before the delivery date. So that anyone who BKs with a plane in the mail will generate that same weirdness in the timeline.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 03:18:06 AM »
I see dead planes : looking at one aircraft (it was a Heron or Dove, as I recall) in the market, according to its history, it had been returned from lease and scrapped then magically reborn to be leased out again...

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 04:02:22 AM »
Planes used to be able to timetravel via the magic of the dateline, maybe a few retain their power?

My guess is they BKed a week before the plane was due to arrive, so the returned from lease message is automatically generated for that day. And the plane delivered message is generated when the plane goes in the post 3 weeks before the delivery date. So that anyone who BKs with a plane in the mail will generate that same weirdness in the timeline.

That's my guess too. It still bugs me though ;-)

I see dead planes : looking at one aircraft (it was a Heron or Dove, as I recall) in the market, according to its history, it had been returned from lease and scrapped then magically reborn to be leased out again...

That was due to some tow-truck work performed when the market ran out of planes....

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.