Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Length of lease on used planes  (Read 316 times)

redraven

• Former member
[ok] Length of lease on used planes
« on: February 08, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »
If you can lease a new aircraft for up to 7 years, then same should exist for new planes.  Sometimes I have purchased a brand new plane for the purpose of leasing.  So it really is a brand new plane, but on a lease I can only lease it out for a maximum of 3 years when a similar new one from the manufacturer can still be leased for 7.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:25:54 AM by sami »

Dazwalsh

• Former member
Re: Length of lease on used planes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »
you can always extend that lease ya know :) i always lease for one year from used market so that if i find i need to get rid of the aircraft quickly i only need to pay the remaining lease off for that year not 3 years or 7 years.

redraven

• Former member
Re: Length of lease on used planes
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 04:16:27 PM »
True, I agree that you can always extend the lease.  However, you renew at current market rates so the lease rates get higher and higher.  You can lease a brand new plane for up to 7 years.  However, say a competitor goes bankrupt and there are virtually brand new planes available on the used market (i.e. less than a year old) and you want a similar long term lease, you can't.  The maximum is 3 years.  If you want the plane for longer, you can lock in the lower current rates on a brand new plane, but you can on a used one even though it could still be virtually a brand new plane that is available on the used market.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.