Lease expires while on maintenance check

Started by LotusAirways, September 22, 2014, 09:15:47 AM

LotusAirways

Hi everybody.
Quick question: plane on C check today, C check duration is 20 days, lease expires in 15 days. What happens?

1- Lessor receives the airplane with expired C check
2- Lessor receives the airplane in C check and waits 5 days to use it
3- Lessor receives the airplane and C check has been done, plane can be used (AWS magic)

Thanks in advance.
LA

Elladan

Just checked and it's A, the plane went straight into a C check. Don't know if I was charged for it but would be surprised if not.

schro

Quote from: Elladan on September 22, 2014, 02:50:11 PM
Just checked and it's A, the plane went straight into a C check. Don't know if I was charged for it but would be surprised if not.

Yup. It is A. You probably got charged for the check. That actually bugs me a good bit.

Technically, the "last check date" doesn't update until the check is complete, but a lease termination will end MX without updating that date. Then when it passes back to the lessor, it is received with an expired check and then auto-checked much to his/her dismay.

This is one of the many reasons why I put in a feature request for all returned off-lease planes to be sent to long term storage (or at least give the option for this to occur). I have spent MILLIONS of dollars on unwanted checks for planes that were to be scrapped upon their return. It really really really sucks to spend 8m on a D check for a 16 year old plane that has a scrap value of 3m.

Curse

It's a bug report then I guess. Maybe swap it to the Bug Report forum or create a new thread?