Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Used market pricing limits divide by zero  (Read 414 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] Used market pricing limits divide by zero
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:19:44 PM »
Here's a very specific example of how the plane dynamism changes have distorted the plane markets between new build and used planes. If new planes are being inflated so much in value, then the used planes and related recommendations need to follow, otherwise there will continue to be head scratcher events such as this one.

Today's subject is a brand new A321neo in GW1. A NEW example of this particular plane is currently being hocked by Airbus for 146m. The recommended used value is 150m for this 0.08 year old frame. These two elements are fine, however, when I look at the pricing boundaries for min/max allowed price and alliance price, they seem to be skewed low and likely center around the plane's "true" value. For example, I can't even sell it to an alliance member at Airbus's current price because that price is deemed too high even though it would be in line with the "fair market value" of the plane (thus, it would likely not be a money transfer situation that the alliance limits are trying to prevent).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:27:19 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Used market pricing limits divide by zero
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »
should be better now, those min/max values were not calculated with this in mind (price advisor itself has been ok all the time).

Jona L.

• Former member
Re: [NOT-ok] Used market pricing limits divide by zero
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:10:59 PM »
Problem still exists.

My alliance minimum prices are still around 15-30% higher than they were before. (i.e. my A320-100 sales jumped from just under 34M to 41M... so about 25%)

cheers,
Jona L.

Offline Bored

• Members
Re: [ok] Used market pricing limits divide by zero
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 11:14:56 AM »
The price limit for alliance listed planes goes up too fast. I listed planes yesterday and today the they are too cheap to be bought by alliance member. Sure there can be some inflation and fluctuation on pricing but now it's unrealistic and too fast.

Prices of aircrafts have gone up some 20% which is not realistic and this update still needs some fine tuning.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.