Airline awards

Started by ChrisR, August 12, 2014, 07:55:29 PM

ChrisR

I was thinking about this today and have searched the forum to find none on this topic. I haven't put it in feature request as i want to see what people think of it first.
The idea i came up with is on Airline awards which take place every game year in every game world. The idea is that at the end of a game year awards are given to airlines with on average i.e. Best on time performance , best load factors, best airline and worst airline ect and every airline is ranked best to worst. This may sound silly but i think this will give airlines a challenge and give players a chance to show off there skills even more.
This may be like achievements but this is regarding your personally airline in that game world you play. The awards could be like Skytax or based around this idea.

Hillians

Hi Chris,

I was suggesting a similar thing in my post here (12th post):

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,51698.0.html

it would be a ranking system based on points scored in key stats which could then determine an individual ranking.

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: chris06 on August 12, 2014, 07:55:29 PM
This may be like achievements but this is regarding your personally airline in that game world you play. The awards could be like Skytax or based around this idea.

If it's like skytrax you just pay to get a higher score  ;D

ChrisR

Thank you for the link. It was an idea that came into my head today and I thought I wonder what others think of it

Cardinal

We already have the statistics pages that ranks everyone's on-time performance, load factors, and every other metric. Updated daily.

xyeahtony

QuoteWe already have the statistics pages that ranks everyone's on-time performance, load factors, and every other metric. Updated daily.

yes we do, and for alliance purposes some of these stats get points allocated to them (but for some reason capped to top 10% (or top 20 if less than 200 players))

To get an overall picture it would be good to get this cap removed, so all players score points.. then add up all the points for these metrics and obtain an individual score for each player... these individual scores could then be ranked to show who the top players are...

to get an alliance score you just add up these individual scores....

just like it was suggested in frimp's link

quite simple in my mind and no major tweaks for sami... just removing the cap of top 10% scoring points and let everyone score points.

Curse

As long as there are no permanent alliances etc. such side-feature expansion is useless. If it's put in a major alliance overhaul/update it could be good.

Ace McCool

As in many areas, awards are a common thing [especially Hollywood!]. As has been posted before, once a game world ends, all the stats die and the the recognitions are too limited IMHO. Oldest Airline comes to mind as an especially worthless 'achievement'. I think a broader category of awards, with some small token of acknowledgement from Sami, say some credits perhaps. I think the game administrators should put some thought and muscle into this as a way to encourage more gaming.

Others' thoughts??

Ace McCool

groundbum2

treasure chests - unlock cool planes as you progress, Concorde, SR71 etc lol

Todorojoz

I'd still like to see a top 5 or top 10 list by country of highest all time pax/cargo and maybe highest company value.

This can give people something to shoot for besides just existing at some bases. It could get a bit muddled due to Open Skies in Europe, but I think it would be a fun challenge. If I am going to run an airline in an Epic GW out of Isreal, or many other countries, I don't have a shot at being a top airline in that GW, but there is still something to play for. And I wouldn't want to quit a few years before the GW ends as tends to happen in the last decade currently.

Meddix

I think there are only 4 achievements that really count:

- Overall
- Most pax
- Most cargo
- CEO

The top 3 of every game world is more than enough.
Like the gold/silver/bronze medal on the olympics

A Hall of Fame could be a nice sticky topic on this forum though .....

For all other things you could simply add an extra achievement.
Eg
Aircraft fleet - lvl6 - 2000 planes
Yearly cargo - lvl6 - 20mio tonnes
Airline value - lvl6 - 1,000b
Etc

Also there are also a lot of "plane lovers" achievements that could be added: British, German, Dutch, etc

Andre090904

Quote from: Meddix on February 19, 2022, 08:35:17 PM
A Hall of Fame could be a nice sticky topic on this forum though .....

I would welcome that, but it needs someone to keep it up to date. Also, what categories would that "Hall of Fame" have? It can get pretty complex if you want to include stats per country (think "Highest weekly passengers in country X"). There are about 200 countries and this is just one single category.

While a forum topic could work, I think an ingame feature is way more efficient and less maintenance-heavy.