Question

Started by Solemus, July 05, 2014, 08:12:24 PM

Solemus

I've had a look at the manual and I've looked at your guide for noobs. I sent a PM to Swiftus as well but got no answer.
I am in Indonesia out of WIDD I am using Bombardiers CRJ  fleet only 3 at the moment, but I hope to expand soon, I have a question.
How come I cannot use my aircraft to go to other countries around the area? I have tried several different countries, and the passenger count is 0 so I thought to give one a go and sent an aircraft, I got a monopoly warning, so I closed the route, or I would have had it done for me.
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Rick

P.S. There are other airlines going to the airports and there were slots available

Curse

If the demand is "0" than simply nobody is willing to fly that route. Try flying a different route that shows more demand - best would be something between 100 and 300 to start with. :)

LemonButt

You can't fly to other countries because there is literally zero international demand out of the airport.  AWS is based (roughly) on real life demand so if there isn't real life airlines flying international, there won't be any in AWS.  This will change one day when city-based demand is implemented, but that is still in the distant future.

Solemus

Thank you guys much appreciated

Been a while Curse good to see ya ;D

Curse

You're welcome ;) Take care and don't hesitate to ask here or via PM to me if you have more questions or just want to chat a bit.

Solemus

Will do and thanks  ;D

Solemus

Another question guys....
When I first started I clicked the domestic flights only. Is there any way to change this to international as well as domestic without restarting??
Might sound a stupid question but if you you don't ask blah blah blah  ;D

LemonButt

Huh?  Are you talking about the basefinder when you started?  You can fly anywhere all of the time so not sure what you're asking.

Solemus

Hi Jona Hi Lemonbutt

The reason I asked such a question is that it is connected with the previous question, I have tried several different airports to fly to within my area which are classed as international eg Hong Kong, which have, according to the airport info, for my aircraft has a 0 passenger load, although it is obvious there are loads of passengers there. I have sent planes and each time I have done so I get a monopoly warning, I cannot understand why? So I thought it maybe because I clicked on the domestic base-finder at the beginning of the game. I have also tried route planning everywhere and still get the same 0 pax even at Heathrow and the other big airports right down to the smallest airport, no matter where they are. 

Jona L.

Quote from: Solemus on July 26, 2014, 12:09:00 PM
Hi Jona

Err... I didn't post anything here?

but hello, Rick :)

Solemus

Dunno why I put your name Jona  ;D :-[ It was for Lemonbutt

bdnascar3

Your base airport ONLY has demand for domestic passengers. Unfortunately you cant create demand by flying there.

Infinity

Quote from: Solemus on July 26, 2014, 12:09:00 PM
Hi Jona Hi Lemonbutt

The reason I asked such a question is that it is connected with the previous question, I have tried several different airports to fly to within my area which are classed as international eg Hong Kong, which have, according to the airport info, for my aircraft has a 0 passenger load, although it is obvious there are loads of passengers there. I have sent planes and each time I have done so I get a monopoly warning, I cannot understand why? So I thought it maybe because I clicked on the domestic base-finder at the beginning of the game. I have also tried route planning everywhere and still get the same 0 pax even at Heathrow and the other big airports right down to the smallest airport, no matter where they are.

Solemus, please try to create routes via 'Route planning' instead of 'Open new route'. That way you can see the demand before you actually start a flight. As others have pointed out, your airport only has domestic demand so you will not be able to fly to any international destination. You will have to open a base to do that.

Jona L.

Quote from: Infinity on July 26, 2014, 01:13:57 PM
You will have to open a base to do that.

Or restart....

Solemus

Thank you guys I think I get what you're saying now and I don't want to restart so I will just build on what I have got now,doing real good so far

Solemus

Thought I would update you all. I took infinity's advice and tried an experiment. I opened another base and tried route planning from that base to a few international places and it worked, I could fly international from that base, sadly though I had to shut the base down because I opened it too early to use as I have only opened my original base a few days ago. Cost me a few grand but was worth it, I don't know how long I have to wait to open a second base successfully so if anyone can give me some guidance on that, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for your help, I know I sounded a bit dippy but I had a stroke not so long ago and things come out a bit wrong sometimes, so thanks for being patient as well.

Rick 

LemonButt

It tells you how long you have to wait on the base page--365 days between bases.

Solemus

I saw that thanks LB but thought I would check  ::)