Fokker 70, very low pax capacity

Started by knutm1980, July 03, 2014, 07:30:33 AM

knutm1980

So, I decided to place some orders for fokker 70/100's to build up my airline. The F70 has a max range of 2010nm. I have however seen a number of warnings on planned routes that it will only carry small amounts of pax.. i.e Addis ababa to Tel aviv, a route of no more than 1399nm gives a warning of max pax load of 17! None for the f100 which I used on the route..although I'm planning on placing a f70 on it to fill up for the demand. It makes no sense. Quit possibly a gamestopper for my current airline.

Zombie Slayer

Sounds like you have at least 1 of the standard weight F70s in your fleet.  The 1110 nm range of the standard weight F70 would trigger the warning on a 1399nm route.

Edit: Auto correct does not think F70 is an acceptable word...
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Curse

You most probably have a version with lower/Standard MTWO and therefor not enough range.

The Fokker 70 for example offers four MTWO-versions of which the standard version can only reach about 1110nm.

knutm1980

Ay, that clears things up..and yes I do. It makes sense now. I've ordered the F70's with max range, but picked some others off the used market. Thats a load of my shoulders..I saw imminent destruction!  :'(