Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: XXX has announced that they are planning to close the production of their...  (Read 568 times)

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
Sami,
Can this set-up be changed to something more realistic?

One, the current one single announcement six months before closing is not enough. I suggest:
- 1st announcement 6 months before closing
- 2nd announcement 3 months before closing

Two, this six months no orders = close the shop is unrealistic. Some examples from real life:
a) Boeing 707 had zero orders in 1981, 84, 85, 88, 89, but the production line remained open
b) Boeing 717 had zero orders 1996, 97, 99, same
c) Boeing 757 had zero orders in 2002, same

I am on my sixth game, in three of them production lines were closed on models I intended to use until the end of the game. To me, this is the most annoying thing in this game, and as you can see with the examples above, doesn't even correspond to real life.

Thanks.
LA

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
I think there's a thread of this in the feature rq forum already?

Anyway, the new dashboard news layout should help at least a bit in not missing the announcements.

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
Thanks for replying.

- Thread, yes there is one similar.
- New Dashboard layout helps, I agree.
- As for matching real life, nope. Boeing, Airbus, others won't close a production line six months after delivering the last airplane. Six months is not even enough time for the economy to recover from a recession-crisis. See Boeing examples above.

I suggest extending the period to 12 months.
LA

Offline weasel

• Members
While I agree that the line should remain open longer, I'd like to see slightly more realism when it comes to keep a production line open once a successor type has been introduced. E.g. the 737-200 line is in some game worlds still open (not mentioning the 737Classic) despite the 737NG being delivered already. An overlap of some years is perfectly fine, but not a decade or more.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.