Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What's the deal with the alliance scores?  (Read 428 times)

Flash

• Former member
What's the deal with the alliance scores?
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:17:52 AM »
I am just wondering. In gw#1, there are a few alliances active and I don't get the deal behind the scores. I bring an example with factors that are, in my opinion, most important for 'evaluating' alliances.

Lets take the current 5th Air Friend and the current 6th Linked Skies Alliance and compare:

Air Friend - Linked Skies Alliance
Members 12 - 20
Routes ~2300 - ~3300
Planes ~15600 - ~21000
Age 1957 - 1985
Score 1316 - 974

Maybe I am overlooking something but how in the world is Air Friend better off than Linked Skies Alliance? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bitch about that but I don't think this is conclusive or in any way understandable. For me, the attractivity of an alliance is determined by route interfaces (like members connecting to hubs of other members), amount of planes, image of members if you want etc...

Just me trying to understand the deal behind that :laugh: cya

Offline Infinity

• Members
Re: What's the deal with the alliance scores?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »
Other than age, none of those stats play any role in determining the alliance score. An alliance gets points for every member on every anniversary.

Additionally, the individual airlines can contribute points to the alliance by scoring in the top 10% bracket (or top 20 airlines, whichever is more) of certain statistics such as Company Image, Revenue or Profit Margin.

So, an alliance with fewer members can have a higher score by those few members scoring better in the important statistics than the many members of the other alliance. However, the age of the alliance plays a very important role in the alliance score (due to the anniversary points). Scoring higher than an alliance 28 years older will be difficult and require a lot of those variable statistic scores.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.