Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft production slot question  (Read 2227 times)

CitationX

• Former member
Aircraft production slot question
« on: April 30, 2014, 06:54:58 PM »
I am trying to understand aircraft ordering tendencies better. If there are 2000, 737-100/200 models on backlog and they release a new B737-300 do i need to be a the backlog in order to get it because it almost looks like it produced on the same production line. Do I would therefore be order 2001, If i order 1 plane. I read the manual, but couldn't figure it out.

Curse

• Former member
Re: Aircraft production slot question
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »
737-300 has the same production line as 737-400 and 737-500 ("737 classic"), while 737-100, 737-200 and 737-200Adv are a different group ("737 1st gen").

CitationX

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:25:29 PM »
thanks Cur$e...Also how do i know when an airline might be going bankrupt or be shut down by the bank?

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »
When it's losing money or the player has not logged into the game for 14 days.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 09:46:51 PM »
The simple way is to look at company image, which is usually negative before an airline BKs.

CitationX

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 10:20:10 PM »
I see an airline with a -98 image...I would have to image they have to be BK soon

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 10:38:08 PM »
Minus CI is usually due to missed ramp checks. With enough money and owned aircraft you can (in theory) recover from that.

CitationX

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 10:43:57 PM »
It looks like he has a -$36M value and is loosing about $1M-$2M per quarter

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 10:54:26 PM »
Sounds like toast.

CitationX

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 01:43:52 PM »
This morning I came out to check my airline out and I see I have had at least 8 flights cancelled for the last 3 weeks because of weather and my company image dropped. What can I do to fight this problem and restore my company image.

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 01:45:51 PM »
Longer turnaround times during and between flights and higher marketing investment.

CitationX

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 03:21:54 PM »
That airline that I was talking about yesterday finally went BK....how long does it take for their planes to show up on the used market?

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 04:11:21 PM »
Nobody knows.

CitationX

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 07:34:08 PM »
Longer turnaround times during and between flights and higher marketing investment.

I have a 2 hour turnaround for a 25min aircraft, but I am still getting cancellations due to weather. Its getting crazy...I had 14 weather cancellations this past week.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 08:06:07 PM »
There is nothing you can do about weather cancellations, you just have to accept it.
Turn-around time is not a relevant factor with weather cancellations.

In fact using that kind of turn-around time to avoid weather cancellations may B/K you as you are not generating income by flying the paint of the airframe....a plane costs money on the ground and only has a chance at making money in the air.
- Unless grounded for a strategic reason e.g. to avoid 4th fleet type costs during replacements, etc

I had 137 flight cancellations due to weather in the last 7 days

PS - BTW you are heading for B/K with 8 airframes and 3 fleet types, let alone when that 4th fleet type arrives
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:15:19 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
I have a 2 hour turnaround for a 25min aircraft, but I am still getting cancellations due to weather. Its getting crazy...I had 14 weather cancellations this past week.

You will get bad cancellations in streaks due to weather.  You might go 4 straight weeks with just terrible weather cancellations and then 4 years without them.  Also on turnarounds, you'll see ~1% delay, but no matter what you do there is always a chance of delay, even with a 2 hour turnaround.  Delays and cancellations are just part of the the airline business.

Based on your previous comments about condition/delays/etc it sounds like you are striving for perfection.  You don't have to be perfect, just good enough.  You will never have a fleet of 100% condition aircraft or 0% delays or 0min cancellation etc.  As long as your using best practices though (~1% delay turnarounds, auto maintenance, etc) then you shouldn't have any issues being "good enough".

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 08:31:01 PM »
I agree with LemonButt, you appear to be micromanaging your airline which can be a killer in this game.
Its  hard not to get too involved when being a newbie in the game as the game has so much depth as it is a very good sim.
However wishing things and /or wanting things to happen sooner can lead to impatience, impatience leads to making incorrect decisions and that leads to restarts.

I am not saying this to be a smat-arse but your time would be better spent in reading many many threads on here rather than micromanaging your start-up airline, as in the long run you will save a HEAP OF TIME and save yourself a lot of frustration
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:40:18 PM by Kadachiman »

CitationX

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 08:32:16 PM »
There is nothing you can do about weather cancellations, you just have to accept it.
Turn-around time is not a relevant factor with weather cancellations.

In fact using that kind of turn-around time to avoid weather cancellations may B/K you as you are not generating income by flying the paint of the airframe....a plane costs money on the ground and only has a chance at making money in the air.
- Unless grounded for a strategic reason e.g. to avoid 4th fleet type costs during replacements, etc

I had 137 flight cancellations due to weather in the last 7 days

PS - BTW you are heading for B/K with 8 airframes and 3 fleet types, let alone when that 4th fleet type arrives

Those planes on order are going to replace my YS-11 so i can move them to cover my 2 smaller aircrafts, which will bring me back down to 2 fleet types. I got a little out of hand on the different fleet types and the 2 smaller aircraft types are on very short term leases.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
No worries mate, try to stay at at 2 fleet types which gives you 1 fleet type up your sleeve to make the changeovers, as the 4th fleet penalty is a game killer.

I found this out hard in this game as I made a HUGE mistake and as a result have had 30-40+ brand new aircraft parked up on leases for most of this Gameworld as I went to 4 fleet types and very quickly decided that to park up the 4th, 5th and 6th fleets was cheaper than flying them....but it still cost me a bucket load of money and created a flow on effect whereas I was restricted in buying new aircraft later.

CitationX

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
Do you typically have to stay in that range the whole game. It seems people with big airlines have multiple fleet types just as real world airlines have. Just wondering as I grow, how do you stay within 2 or 3 aircraft types the whole game?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.