Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Question regarding LF on a route with no competition  (Read 467 times)

CitationX

• Former member
Question regarding LF on a route with no competition
« on: April 26, 2014, 03:28:29 AM »
I am in the Beginners World and I have a route KIAH to KONT with no competition. I cannot seem to get a LF of higher than 38% no matter what I do. I even lowered the prices 30%.

Here is the info on the route. Also my RI is 7, but I am spending about 60k a week to bump up the marketing on this route. Any tips on how to improve this route?

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
Re: Question regarding LF on a route with no competition
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 04:17:31 AM »
Hi CitationX

A route image on 7 is not very high, and while its this low you shouldn't expect a very high LF. you should be able to see the LF raise very quickly together with your RI

Once you route image reaches 100 the LF will be a lot higher

if the LF keeps at this level once you reach a RI of 100 then I would believe something is not right

Best regards
Hassel

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 06:51:33 AM »
You're 1st flight starts at 6:00 am, a 60 minute turnaround, 50 minutes between flights, 2nd flight a 60 minute turnaround, then land at 23:10

This schedule could be a part of your problem with cancelled flights or delayed flights
Not sure of the turnaround to get a minimum of 1% on a 733 but it may be 70 minutes

So if 70 minutes -
start your 1st flight at 5:00 am
70 minute turnaround
start your 2nd flight after a 70 minute break
70 minute turnaround
land prior to 23:00

If 60 minutes -
Start 20 minutes earlier to get the 60 minutes between flights and land prior to 23:00

1. The hours between 23:00 to 5:00 are not optimal take-off or landing times, so you should plan to be airborne during those times (if possible)
2. RI will increase over time so the longer the route exists the better your LF's, most long term players do not spend marketing money on RI as it tends to be money that could be better spent
3. No need to lower prices on a sole operator route as you are just throwing profit away
4. #1 rule in this game ----- Patience

I could be a bit more direct about what is best to do but others would add their comments as everyone plays slightly differently and it would probably confuse you

PS - If you want a mentor send me a PM and I will add myself to the mentor list OR request another mentor of your preference....your choice
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:58:31 AM by Kadachiman »

Offline xyeahtony

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
The OP's main problem is route image, it has nothing to do with time/scheduling.

Landing at 2310 will have literally no effect on his LFs. Its the RI of 7 that is affecting it.

The only way to make money on this route is to spend an insane amount on advertising or just wait it out; eventually it will become profitable.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
Which is what I said in my points (e.g. patience, time and marketing) but at the same time I gave him info on how to schedule correctly (e.g. turnaround times, and optimal game times) that will help a new player in the long run

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:03:36 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 03:22:24 AM »
When RI is low, you will not get more than 20-30% of the true route demand to fill your planes no matter what you do.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.