Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How to choose a new airport after the first one  (Read 371 times)

Offline Longbow

• Members
How to choose a new airport after the first one
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:26:09 PM »
Hi there,
do you (all) have any advice about opening a new base? Is it better to open it in the same country to connect the routes ABCBA/ABCA or something totally far away from the HQ?

my airline is running medium/small routes, so no big birds...

Offline Infinity

• Members
Re: How to choose a new airport after the first one
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
You cannot connect any routes. If you want to open a base, you should look for something that has a similar route structure so you can use the same types of aircraft that you are using in your HQ. You should also check if there is a lot of competition, and if yes, check if they are stronger than you or if you can beat them.
The distance to your HQ isn't of any importance.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 04:23:17 AM »
I agree, just go with wherever there is sufficient demand.  There is no benefit (or penalty) for being close to or far from your home base or for operating different 'kinds' of routes.  As saftfrucht said, being able to use the same aircraft types is important. The only (small) thing to bear in mind is that operating to totally new destinations will be more expensive than operating to places you already serve from your home base.  This is because more staff will be required for totally new destinations that you don't already serve.

Offline Longbow

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
Thanks guys for the hints :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.