Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: After Game World #3  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Infinity

• Members
Re: After Game World #3
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2014, 08:27:39 PM »
They already have a F100 at Woensdrecht, waiting to be rebuild to a F120 demonstrator. Adding several frames, new wings, cockpit, engines, etc.

Well obviously they have to have something to show to get millions of Euros in government subsidies. Rekkof has already received tens of millions from the government of Brazil as well as from the Netherlands, probably some more.
Nothing material has been produced by this company despite its age of over 10 years. The only thing that's known are some fantasy specs. The Rekkof management are subsidy trolls and are screwing over the tax payers in both their home country and abroad.
I have to say, they are kind of brilliant. They are managing to collect all this money with a concept that every one in the aviation business knows can not work as there is no demand for it, the market for the size of it is overrun, shrinking (as the sweet spot moves north toward 150 seaters) and the company lacks the equity base to even start producing parts. So theoretically, they should not get any money as it's obvious that its going to be lost eventually. But they still do. Wow. Chapeau.

Anyway, long story short, this aircraft has nothing to do in the game. The 777X is nothing more than some specs on paper either, but at least those are realistic specs and the aircraft they belong to is actually being developed by a serious company with serious capital.

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2014, 09:24:38 PM »
Not to mention 250+ orders from rich arab sheiks :p

zimmah

• Former member
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2014, 09:00:43 PM »
Well obviously they have to have something to show to get millions of Euros in government subsidies. Rekkof has already received tens of millions from the government of Brazil as well as from the Netherlands, probably some more.
Nothing material has been produced by this company despite its age of over 10 years. The only thing that's known are some fantasy specs. The Rekkof management are subsidy trolls and are screwing over the tax payers in both their home country and abroad.
I have to say, they are kind of brilliant. They are managing to collect all this money with a concept that every one in the aviation business knows can not work as there is no demand for it, the market for the size of it is overrun, shrinking (as the sweet spot moves north toward 150 seaters) and the company lacks the equity base to even start producing parts. So theoretically, they should not get any money as it's obvious that its going to be lost eventually. But they still do. Wow. Chapeau.

Anyway, long story short, this aircraft has nothing to do in the game. The 777X is nothing more than some specs on paper either, but at least those are realistic specs and the aircraft they belong to is actually being developed by a serious company with serious capital.

Bash Fokker all you want but you have to admit they invented glass fiber reinforced aluminum. Which is the material the Airbus uses for the fuselage of the A380. The 787 uses a different but similar material (CFRP if i recall correctly).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:08:56 PM by zimmah »

Offline Infinity

• Members
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2014, 08:26:14 AM »
Fokker and Rekkof have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2014, 08:36:14 AM »
But... but... they share the same letters! ;)

zimmah

• Former member
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2014, 11:42:43 AM »
Fokker and Rekkof have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Lol i misread it the entire time.

I guess Rekkof is the evil twin of Fokker.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »
The next game world will be a "medium length" world, so it will start near the 1990s/2000s region and continue as long as possible.

Details will be posted later; I will need to calculate the optimal start time for it in relation to other scenarios, and also work on some fixes and adding aircraft data. (on that note, if someone is lacking things to do, I'd welcome data collection on the prototype models discussed earliers. PM me for details on what data is needed for each a/c model).

Offline Mr. Pete

• Members
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2014, 08:47:12 AM »
Any news about possible start date?

The next game world will be a "medium length" world, so it will start near the 1990s/2000s region and continue as long as possible.

Details will be posted later; I will need to calculate the optimal start time for it in relation to other scenarios, and also work on some fixes and adding aircraft data. (on that note, if someone is lacking things to do, I'd welcome data collection on the prototype models discussed earliers. PM me for details on what data is needed for each a/c model).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »
I was on holidays during easter so lot of stuff piled up, but back in business now, so stay tuned.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.