After Game World #3

Started by Sami, April 16, 2014, 02:00:17 PM

Captim

Quote from: LemonButt on April 17, 2014, 08:14:10 PM
Yes, would love a gameworld with instead of 3 bases with 100 aircraft each max you can have unlimited bases with an aggregate of 300 aircraft across all bases plus ABCBA routes.  This would make smaller airports much sexier as many bases cannot support 7 big aircraft, but collectively multiple bases can.  Thus, you can fly those handful of longhaul routes without figure out what the heck to do with the extra unscheduled time.

That's a nice point. To take that on i'd go further in view of the staffing penalty you'd be hit with under the current system.

Say three extra bases with 100 a/c, or four with an 80 a/c limit...

The way the lost cost airlines are poliferating across Europe and the US I see this a very realistic expansion of the game rules...

Sami

I think there was a "mini base" thread, or something that way, in the features forums. (and that indeed is something that should be done, the current base structure is meant for big carriers)

Matthew Freeman

A new Modern Times gets my vote

dasherhalo

80's/90's start would be great

stevecree

Virtually the only world I have ever played has been MT games.  I do not want to join games half way through at the point where the era interests me.  Extra long games are OK for those that want to play them, but the option of the shorter 25 year games should be retained for those not wanting to either play a full 50 year game, or join a 50 year game half way through. MT games have historically been the most populated worlds, AWS needs them. I will have tricky choice to make if the next game is not a MT world, however I am hoping I wont have to make that choice as there will be another MT game.   

mark320

Something like MT with a further "end of the world"  :'( As others have said, experimenting with the modern types adds to the excitement and makes you wonder, "who knows if...."  ;)

Thanks and regards,

AndreiX

MT, long formats tend to be boring... If possible keep 2-3 scenarios on the long format and 3-4 on the short one.

immihaitza

Modern Times ... as someone else said, maybe with a further ënd of the world" would be interesting!

Alberto

Very happy modern era ended up winning! :)

Sami

Yes well, this still isn't a democracy  ;)

..but vote results are noted. Details a bit later (to keep you on your toes.. hehe...).

Curse

It's more like a draw and, to be honest, it was even then when longtime gameworld had some votes more. There was never a real gap between, hence why I still like my idea with DoTM and MT as "challenge"-gameworlds. ;)

But yeah, no democracy of course.

Zombie Slayer

I enjoy the long worlds as well, but I have precisely -zero- desire to waste upwards of 60 hours of time tediously rescheduling 200+ aircraft worth of flights during fleet transition and as such GW4 is the last long world I will participate in until we have the ability to swap schedules to a different aircraft type.

I hope the next game is Modern Times/ Air Travel Boom era with a start no earlier than ~1990.

Just my 2 cents.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Curse

That's correct, the one or other helpful game mechanic would make things way easier... I can't even imagine what people without browser shortcuts for next tab etc. do.

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: JetWestInc on April 26, 2014, 09:45:21 PM
I enjoy the long worlds as well, but I have precisely -zero- desire to waste upwards of 60 hours of time tediously rescheduling 200+ aircraft worth of flights during fleet transition and as such GW4 is the last long world I will participate in until we have the ability to swap schedules to a different aircraft type.

I hope the next game is Modern Times/ Air Travel Boom era with a start no earlier than ~1990.

Just my 2 cents.
Same for me...
I'll finish GW1, but no long worlds for me untill I can reschedule more efficiently....

1998-2030 would be optimum (especially if the 787-10/777X could be added....)

Captim

Echo the comments on the horrible horrible job it is to move largescale prop timetimables to jet ones. It's not a game anymore, and it caused me to stop playing AS for a while.

A MT type scenario is needed, but one that can include the F100/F70 please. They are out of production in the current build, this forces the game into the 737/A320 family axis, the production lines for these go insane and eaten by the biggest carriers stifling competition.

Agree that adding the 77X in particular and pushing a few years further would be good as well....

Sami

Can someone gather a small list on missing modern prototype stage models? (777x, and the rest....)

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: sami on April 27, 2014, 12:08:01 PM
Can someone gather a small list on missing modern prototype stage models? (777x, and the rest....)

ERJ 175 E2
ERJ 190 E2
ERJ 195 E2
COMAC C919
Irkut MS21-200
Irkut MS21-300
Irkut MS21-400
NG Aircraft Fokker 120NG
Boeing 787-10
Boeing 777-8
Boeing 777-9

Think that should cover it. I already put up a feature request for the 787-10 and E2 a while back...

Cheers

EDIT:
The topic for the 787-10: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,47706.msg265789.html
And for the ERJ E2: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,47680.0.html

COMAC C919 information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comac_C919
Irkut MS21 information: http://www.uacrussia.ru/en/models/civil/ms-21/
NG Aircraft Fokker 120NG Information: http://www.rekkof.nl/
B777X information: http://www.newairplane.com/777x/

Infinity

Rekkof is only a vehicle for government subsidy-fraud. It will never produce anything material let alone a flying aircraft, I don't think it should find it's way into the game.

NovemberCharlie

They already have a F100 at Woensdrecht, waiting to be rebuild to a F120 demonstrator. Adding several frames, new wings, cockpit, engines, etc.

DutchBlond

OutBack Airlines votes for Modern Era.