Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Aircraft/Leasing Requirements  (Read 498 times)

JonnyAngel

• Former member
New Aircraft/Leasing Requirements
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
Are there any plans to up the number of aircraft that can be bought on the Used Market at a time? I know the reason is to ensure fair game play, but with some of the crazy new order production lines, a little give would be nice.

Or at least update the copy. My airline's not one of the 'goliaths', but its not that tiny either. If my staff of ~2600 people in Tech Services and Flight Ops can't deal with arranging for more than 2-3 planes at a time, I'm gonna have to consider some 'layoffs'  ;D

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
Re: New Aircraft/Leasing Requirements
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 07:08:52 PM »
+1   or at least have a sliding scale as the game progresses to to allow more each week.

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 07:25:30 PM »
This was introduced to limit growth of airlines. The limits used to be (way) higher in the past.

I doubt it will be removed because some people, including me, would realize extremely huge airlines even faster...

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:04 PM »
Yep.  There was a guy once upon at time who leased every aircraft that came avail and flew magic carpets, thus cornering the used market.

The limits suck, but they ensure availability.  The limits BTW are 2 aircraft per day and 3 total per week.  Thus, if you check in every 4 IRL hours you can can 18 aircraft in 1 IRL day.

Abuse is the same reason we have calls to the used market.  Not only does it ensure availability, but players would have automated browser refreshing scripts to automate every 5 seconds and hammer the server.  The same goes with slot restricted airports--try refreshing LHR's slots page excessively and you will get blocked out.

Nearly every limit in the game is due to players abusing the system, so don't expect any radical changes.  There are 52 weeks in a year, so you have the "opportunity" to lease 156 used aircraft in a game year.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 04:27:32 AM »
The limits BTW are 2 aircraft per day and 3 total per week. 

Just to be pedantic - not aimed at you for saying that of course, but the limit is actually three aircraft every EIGHT DAYS not every week.  This is one of my pet hates that really annoys me for some reason I can never understand.  Everybody assumes it's a weekly limit but it is not.

dasherhalo

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »
I'd like to see the limits changed to a "monthly" limit, not a weekly / 8-day limit. ie: don't increase the number of planes that can be purchased in any given game month, but it'd be nice for the casual player to be able to log on once a day and be able to grab the full 18 planes in a real-life day by logging once or maybe twice?.

Otherwise you're basically rewarding stamina. Maybe there should be a bonus for being online 24/7, but the penalty for NOT being online every four hours means that you can't compete at the pointy end. Unless I've got it wrong and that's the game's point? Be online all the time?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.