Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Next progress report?  (Read 1467 times)

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
Next progress report?
« on: April 18, 2008, 09:50:28 AM »
When will the next progress report be released? I bet many people is curious about how long you have come and what you have done and so on. ;D

Offline Seattle

• Members
Re: Next progress report?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 01:42:43 PM »
beta-testing should be around the corner
Founder of the Star Alliance!

cwestah

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 02:40:56 PM »
beta-testing should be around the corner

yahoooo...  ;D this reminds me of waiting for santa claus...

Offline lazerr11

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 05:40:16 PM »
so when exactly will the game be available? weeks, months?

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »
I cant tell you that. No one can... becuase there are still some bugs and some features to be added.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

kiwiaz

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 02:54:01 PM »
How funny that there are so many complainers.

There is always the option of creating your own Airline Management game, if you even know how or could complete with a real world schedule like working and having a real life.

How bout stop complaining so the creators can work on the game in their spare time instead of answering your wanky complaints.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 03:07:44 PM »
so when exactly will the game be available? weeks, months?

I'd say months rather than weeks. Here's a short progress report, not enough to report to post a full news ;)

+ some new features have been added, at the moment focus is on improving the usability of some features, and debugging the game.

+ new statistical based calculation systems to passenger demand

+ a lot of country data added (dates of independence and so on)

+ airports and routes' passenger demand can change if country status changes, for example then CCCP collapsed it will open new markets also in the game

+ some new minor features such as aircraft insurance, email notifications (in progress), rebranding the airline

+ airport systems made better, landing / pax feeds depend on the airport size

+ last but not least (the biggest one actually), the calculation module has been tested and rewritten to work with BIG games. There has been also a 500-player (computer generated airlines) test game running on the background for last 2 weeks to test the calculation and the load generated to server. After the updates this is working and the calculation module is ready for full use, though some minor bugs are still there are naturally the missing features need to be added but the "proof of concept" is now done and there's no need for any major work on that anymore - phew.

+ What needs to be done is to add the missing features (improve usability on some areas, C/Y/F class config & pax demand, improve pax demand calculation still a bit, add staff systems, and company/route image .. and that sort of things). So a couple of major features still there to be added.

mightyz

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 06:58:08 PM »
OMG.
I`ve remember when i found this game about 6-9 months ago. And after registering i`ve saw info that the game is still in dev. Expected date end of 2007. Now we got near middle of 2008 and still the same. There is no real economy game online, only manga-RPG stuff all around.

nevermind.. i will be back on september, because i can`t stand transport tycoon any more ;)

cwestah

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 09:02:55 AM »
OMG.
I`ve remember when i found this game about 6-9 months ago. And after registering i`ve saw info that the game is still in dev. Expected date end of 2007. Now we got near middle of 2008 and still the same. There is no real economy game online, only manga-RPG stuff all around.

nevermind.. i will be back on september, because i can`t stand transport tycoon any more ;)

;D transport tycoon............... . . . . . .  ::)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.