Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Slot quota system in place without being announced  (Read 720 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[-] Slot quota system in place without being announced
« on: February 15, 2014, 06:07:27 PM »
Slot quota system discussed previously is in place without a corresponding announcement. This is a significant impairment on planning for picking up slots and rather disappointing as different decisions would have been made had the player(s) been aware of it.

I'm very bugged by this.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:12:36 PM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Slot quota system in place without being announced
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 06:15:44 PM »
? https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,26356.msg296239.html#msg296239

Ugh. Was thinking it was early next week with the planned implementation. missed that. I have a separate bug to post then. I'm just bugged right now.

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members
Re: [-] Slot quota system in place without being announced
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
Sami, what is happening is a BK is triggering the quota system, but if a slot drop happens within the 14 days the quota is in effect, the newly created slots are affected as well.

As I understand it based on the update in the change log, only slots made available by a Bankruptcy by player action should be affected by the quota system, newly created slots and bank closures should not trigger the quota. If ALL slots are affected following a player initiated bankruptcy, then there is a bug in the system?

Don
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 06:21:30 PM »
Sami, what is happening is a BK is triggering the quota system, but if a slot drop happens within the 14 days the quota is in effect, the newly created slots are affected as well.

If player BKs first, and then slots are increased by the airport capacity increase then the quota should be erased. However if someone bk's again, let's say 1 minute after the capacity has been increased, the quota is valid again. (but of course there has to be enough slots removed with the BK to activate the quota system, just removal of 7 slots for example doesn't trigger anything)
(since the capacity increases are random one cannot really use this to his advantage in my mind)

And also, the quota system does just see "slots". Not "new slots" and "bk slots", they are in the same pool. (or actually technically speaking don't exist anywhere until created by a new route..)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:24:52 PM by sami »

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »
For the most part I agree. Random slot drops = hard to use to your advantage.

However, early on when everyone is watching their airport for slots, this could be easily exploited.

Example. Someone holds 35 slots at a busy airport and notices a 3x slot drop at said airport. To preserve the newly created slots, that player closes and releases their 35 slots, triggering the quota, and then repurchases the slots. The slot drop is effectively blocked from based players at that point.

If coordinated well, a tactic like that could be used to make airlines based at slot contained airports suffer.

Edit: I did not consider that the threshold to trigger the quota could be higher than the 35 slot quota that would be put in place. If significantly more slots than 35 are required to trigger the quota, then the potential issue raised in this post is null and void.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:40:22 PM by JetWestInc »
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »
As usual I don't like the idea of such changes implemented in live gameworlds.

If all airlines now get their quota 100% - what's not really difficult - the difference between them would be the same forever.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.