Time for a new starters guide?

Started by pndsc, February 15, 2014, 12:45:58 PM

Curse

Quote from: ucfknightryan on February 16, 2014, 11:37:54 PM
That one isn't necessarily true any longer.

Of course that is still true. The only exception now is that it is not the best starting strategy anymore. As soon as enough RI is built up or CI is high enough filling up routes is better than creating new ones when both have same circumstances.

ucfknightryan

Quote from: CUR$E on February 17, 2014, 07:16:21 AM
Of course that is still true. The only exception now is that it is not the best starting strategy anymore. As soon as enough RI is built up or CI is high enough filling up routes is better than creating new ones when both have same circumstances.

That's a hell of a big caveat though.  I still see people doing this all the time at the beginning of games, and they almost always get killed by it.

Curse

Yeah, at the beginning of games it is a big problem. But it is stated in the Beginner's Guide, it's in the guide here in the General Forum, it's in the AWS FAQ (that's actually the guide here), it's in the manual, it's in the AWS Announcement thread and it was discussed here and elsewhere quite often.

I really don't have mercy with people anymore who ignore all help... so let them fill up routes as first task.

pndsc

I feel like I've opened a massive ugly can of worms. :-\

Curse

Don't worry, I'm always an arrogant a***, not just today and here. :P At least you made me to finally update some minor points and replace some screenshots in my guide.