Large order discounts

Started by Lambert_M, February 14, 2014, 03:56:01 AM

Lambert_M

So, I realized the huge discounts on offer for big orders for new aircraft. The only thing that bothers me is that 50 seems to be the maximum number of aircraft. In one of the game worlds I am playing right now, a fleet replacement is due to happen in a not so distant future. I have 65 aircraft to be replaced. Had I been able to place an order for 65 of the replacement aircraft, all had been well, but how do I optimize the "large order discount" when I cannot order more than 50? Do I go 50/15 spread on two orders or 31/34? What is the best way to do it? And why is the "max 50" rule even there?

Sanabas

You hit the maximum discount at 40, so I expect 40/25 would be the optimum. Or just go 40/40, and fly/sell the extras. Or maybe even 40/40, and cancel the final 15. Not sure if the extra discount would make up for the cancel fees, and I'd call it an exploit if it did.

Infinity

As Sanabas said, the maximum discount is reached at 40 and does not increase if you go to 40. I would recommend you order 2x 40 and plan for a bit of expansion instead of a 1:1 replacement.

Lambert_M

Thanks guys! I will go 15/15 and plan for expansion. :-)

Edit: Was meant to be 40/40. My brain short circuited. :-)

knobbygb

Depending on the type, you CAN quite easily order more than 50. But it's a secret!  :P Nah, seriously, if for example you are ordering 737-400 you can ask for 50 x 400 and 15 x 300 on the first page, then, on the confirmation page, simply change the 300s to 400s before ordering. Then you get your 65 aircraft at max discount. This only works when there are multipule subtypes but there are in most cases.

BD

Quote from: [SC] knobbygb on February 27, 2014, 05:09:59 PM
Depending on the type, you CAN quite easily order more than 50. But it's a secret!  :P Nah, seriously, if for example you are ordering 737-400 you can ask for 50 x 400 and 15 x 300 on the first page, then, on the confirmation page, simply change the 300s to 400s before ordering. Then you get your 65 aircraft at max discount. This only works when there are multipule subtypes but there are in most cases.
Good tip, thanks!