Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Set Suggested Wage Level Tiggered  (Read 541 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[-] Set Suggested Wage Level Tiggered
« on: February 01, 2014, 03:07:30 AM »
So, I have gotten this several times since the last personnel page makeover but I can't seem to find the root cause of it. I assume there's something going on with either rounding issues, not having all types of staff at all bases or perhaps a monkey eating a banana in a tree.

DOTM, formerly known as JA8 game:

1. Personnel get greedy, ask for more money.
2. I select set suggested wages, Set, Save
3. Warning message appears saying I shouldn't reduce the salary of a group lest I want trouble.
4. I click cancel, scratch my head, and decide to ignore the request for a few game months.
5. I repeat step 2 and 3.
6. I manually set all staffing groups using the $ icon to set their suggested wage. No staffling groups (even ones with 0 staff) caused a reduction in the wage when clicking EACH AND EVERY LITTLE GREEN DOLLAR SIGN CIRCLE UNTIL I NEARLY WENT MAD.
7. I check the warranty status of my mouse to see if it has a lifetime click limit to determine whether I just went over it during step 6.
8. I determine there must be a tigger bouncing around in the Set Suggested Wages function.
9. I post this bug report.
10. ....
11. Profit?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:38:31 PM by sami »

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Re: Set Suggested Wage Level Tiggered
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 03:10:15 AM »
I had this happen before, and posted a bug report. I was told it was because I was "probably reducing the CEO's salary" (I wasn't) and that the warning for that would be removed (it was). But it still happened several more times.

FORSBERC

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 04:15:47 AM »
This has also happened to me multiple times in JA8. I simply just took the CI hit and moved on...

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 06:09:09 AM »
I had this happen before, and posted a bug report. I was told it was because I was "probably reducing the CEO's salary" (I wasn't) and that the warning for that would be removed (it was). But it still happened several more times.

CEO pay change should not impact ci. I also manually reraised ceoay after setting defaults and got the same result.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 07:04:09 AM »
i replace my mouse every time my peeps ask for a raise...it is the way of things.  Those little green buttons are fun to press... LOL

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 08:20:48 AM »
It's actually really easy to let annoying staff disappear when you own an airline that does trans-ocean flights...

Jona L.

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 12:08:23 AM »
I just enter the desired salary +30-40$ to get to an even 50 or 100 value (little OCD there), and hit save afterwards... never incurred any problems :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 04:38:26 PM »
This isn't actually technically a bug.

You had very large pilots' salary at KPHL set at 7940, and while they had no new salary request active (others had), setting "suggested wages" to everyone lowered the salary of this group to 7660 and that gave you the warning. The suggested wages is supposed to either lower or raise the salary to the nominal level, like it does here.

But a new selection to simply set the requested payrise to everyone who's requesting that is added now..
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:50:24 PM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
This isn't actually technically a bug.

You had very large pilots' salary at KPHL set at 7940, and while they had no new salary request active (others had), setting "suggested wages" to everyone lowered the salary of this group to 7660 and that gave you the warning. The suggested wages is supposed to either lower or raise the salary to the nominal level, like it does here.

But a new selection to simply set the requested payrise to everyone who's requesting that is added now..

So, then something else smells like dirty socks. Until then, I had ONLY used the set suggested wages tool to set the wages. PHL was opened later, so is it possible that it got higher pilot wages by default when it opened, leading to this condition?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.