In current MT my airline operates A320, A330/340 & B777 aircraft. I've ordered 150 of 787-8, because I want to take some advantages of less fuel burn + want to retire 20-years old A330-300.
So, now I'm using 3 fleet types. And one more ordered, but it will take 10-15 game years to transfer some A330 & some B777 flights to 787. nd I will pay double commonality costs.
I also want to retire my old 777-300 which are flying to LHR & JFK, but I CAN'T AFFORD IT! Because, 5 fleet types will bankrupt my airline.
Is it happens in real world? No!
- Finnair: 4 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- Aeroflot: 7 fleet types & 3 more ordered
- British Airways: 7 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- Delta: 13 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- JAL: 4 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- United: 7 fleet types & 1 more ordered
- EL AL: 4 fleet types
- Air France: 5 fleet types & 2 more ordered
- KLM: 5 fleet types & 1 more ordered
As we see, in real world, big airlines usually uses lot of fleet types. And much more than 3 allowed to us in AWS.
Sami, it's become boring to stuck with same fleet types forever. And if you can't make a great realistic solution for fleet transitions, may be you will allow us to have more than 3 fleet types?
For example, we would be allowed to use 4 fleet types when airline become bigger that 200 a/c and 1 more fleet type for each 100-200 aircraft. Of course, there should be some penalty for using lot of fleet types. But even being based in NRT, i need to use at least 5 fleet types!