Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Advice for a New Airline  (Read 471 times)

CrazyMiner

• Former member
Advice for a New Airline
« on: February 01, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been playing this game for the past week and was wondering if some of you more experienced players could give me some advice.

I first tried to play the demo version and was having trouble making my airline profitable - thinking that this was due to the fact that I was restricted to North America I decided to explore the full game. I am now in full game 1 but I am still finding it hard to get a profitable airline going. I have had to bankrupt myself twice already in the full game basically due to losing money (even though each of my routes shows a profit of between $10000 to $20000). I always bsae myself at an airport that has either no other airlines there or only 1 other, and try and keep the majority of my route choices to ones that have no other airlines flying them but have a good number of passengers (at least 190 per day). Also, I ensure that a general marketing campaign is always going on (newspapers and billboards in my base city) as well as some route advertising if necessary but always end up losing money! Load factors are for the majority above 75%...

Could anyone give me some advice on where I am going wrong, perhaps even a short "step by step" guide to getting an airline going? I would like to play this game for the long term but am starting to get frustrated at always losing money!

Thanks in advance!

Phil Cole
CEO of ColeyColey Airways

Dazwalsh

• Former member
Re: Advice for a New Airline
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 11:04:55 PM »
Game 1 is tough, a better choice is Game 3 as its not that crowded just yet.

as for getting money there isn't really a one size fits all approach to this game, my personal recomendation is to make sure you put the right aircraft on the right routes, turboprops on routes less than 250nm and try get 4 or 5 flights per day, 100-200 seater jets on anything under 600nm and get 3 flights per day and then long haul aircraft the further the better as the ticket prices increase.

also make sure you keep your company image growing, allow generous turnaround times etc and marketing using up about 30 percent of your profit.

Offline JJP

• Members
Re: Advice for a New Airline
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 12:58:39 AM »
Check out this thread.  Good luck!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.