Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Error or need help. - rebuilding schedules - slot hogging message  (Read 310 times)

Offline spiff23

• Members
I cleared 7 planes worth of shedules and am trying to rebuild them as a 7 day schedule for 7 new planes.  I'm half way through and as I try to cancel and then rebuild as 7 individual  daily flights, I'm getting a message tht I'm slot hogging.  These routes were all being flow before I cleared and attempted to change them.  Any advice or is this a bug?  

Seems a bit nuts in a long Game like JA tht you can't take an hour and try to re do schedules.  Have no idea how to proceed now as game won't let me re build any of the routes but I have the slots.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:27:04 PM by sami »

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: Error or need help. - rebuilding schedules - slot hogging message
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:01:57 PM »
It's because you are a slot restricted airport.  It is a 'feature' that Sami added to prevent slot hogging.  If you post your 'new' routes on the planes, it will go away.  It is mildly annoying, I know.

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 05:10:54 PM »
Ok, all these flights were done as 1x7 day a week flights...so now trying to do 7x1 day flights in the same slots.  So if I clear all the panes, I have 4 routes broken up and 6 to go, and build two schedule with the 4...wil that free them up? 

I did this at another airport (not slot controlled) and it took about an hour.   This seems like a circular logic nightmare, as there's a restriction how many flights you can clear when shifting to single daily flights.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:13:01 PM »
When I do this, I cancel all of the existing routes at once, and then recreate one by one.   For a 7 day schedule, it's probably about ten minutes of work...

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »
Ok thanks...I seem to be getting a work around with your tips.

perhaps congrats on dominating LHR  ;D...might be more of a, ya good luck with that ??? :laugh:  Good luck though as you modernize your fleet!

Thanks goodness, I only have one slot restricted hub and maybe now a rethink of 7 day schedules I put on paper are not worth the better efficiency.

Thanks for the tips...I appreciate it!

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »
Yep, simply schedule some of the routes and that clears it .. Or otherwise reduce the number of unassigned routes (slots).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.